Rapala reel parts

MR fisher

Does anyone have any intel on how to track down parts for rapala reels? I have a North coast NC-1 mooching reel that I bought used, so I don't have a box or parts list or anything like that.. The tiny free spool spring broke. The only way to engage the free spool now is to fully press and hold the lever. Otherwise the real works well.

I called Mike's reel repair, and they said that they can't get parts for rapala. I also can't find any schematics with a part number anywhere online. I'm sure that there are springs from many other reels that would be compatible (and hopefully stronger), but I'm not sure where to start.

I'm hoping that someone on this forum may have some tips or might have the same reel and part number.

Attachments

• PXL_20241008_152537981.jpg
    PXL_20241008_152537981.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20240930_162700581.jpg
    PXL_20240930_162700581.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20240930_162343671.jpg
    PXL_20240930_162343671.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 20
Contacted the Western Canada Rapala/Normark sales rep. He advised these reels were discontinued a few years back. However best to check with their warranty department to see if perhaps there are some springs kicking around. Here's the link to their warranty department:

warranty.ca@rapalavmc.com

Best of luck

They don’t even deal with warranty at all on their shift reels anymore so I doubt you’ll have any luck with yours unfortunately

Never used Ali express. That might be worth a look.

Looks like Rapala might be coming to the rescue though. I got a quick reply that some of their newer reels use pretty much identical springs, so they are sending me some. Fingers crossed!

Never used Ali express. That might be worth a look.

Looks like Rapala might be coming to the rescue though. I got a quick reply that some of their newer reels use pretty much identical springs, so they are sending me some. Fingers crossed!
if you have no joy try a local car or lawn mower guy carb/ governor spring

Back