Rapala North Coast

Brian Reiber

Does anyone know where I can get replacement drag springs on Vancouver Island? I believe there is a heavier duty version available.

Thx

Does anyone know where I can get replacement drag springs on Vancouver Island? I believe there is a heavier duty version available.

Thx

If runamuk's advice doesn't work, do you know if they are similar to Islander or Trophy drag springs? I swapped the heavier duty ones out of my Trophy's for Islander's, if they are swappable I can dig around to find mine and you can have them.

Thanks guys. I called Rapala and they are closed for the day now. I will call them next week and get some shipped out. A buddy of mine has a spare and I will grab one of his for my trip to Ukee next week. This reel has been creeping for awhile so who knows how long it has been broken. I'm going to look around at other sources of small springs as well. It looks like a pretty standard spring. Fantastic reel other than this issue.

Brian

Is that this reel? They are gorgeous reels. Post whether Rapala helps you out or not...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 40
They are gorgeous reels. We bought this one for my son a few years back and it's been great. He always runs it on one side and I one of our Trophy QR's or Peetz on the other. Other than the annoying line creep he has really liked the reel. I think it's a great looking and performing reel. It sounds like Rapala has been pretty good about shipping out springs for free to customers. The rep at Cabela's told me that he gave his last spring away yesterday. It's a pretty common problem. I'll keep the group updated with Rapala's response.

Brian

I have the same reel, i like it and think it performs well. Unfortuneatly when i was setting up the other day i pulled some line and the spring popped the drag knob off and over the side of the boat it went. I will give them a call also and see if i can get them to send me one, maybe a knew spring also. I will post on my results.

Thanks Brian, just talked to Mary at Normark, - she sending me a new drag knob and said she will throw in a couple of springs , - great service and very nice to deal with on the phone!

Back