Rain gear

Charter Tofino

Mines wearing out and not 100% waterproof anymore. Anyone know a good spot mid island to pick up pants/jacket.Open boat + october = need for good rain gear.

I just purchased some new gear from Pacific Net & Twine good stuff and the prices are good my last set came from Lordco it was just throw away stuff bought a full set for 23$ but it lasted all last season[8D]

Cant beat that, thanks. I think im gonna pick up these pants online as i almost always wear the pants fishing even when its sunny. Ill prob pick up just those cheap water proof jackets.I go by pacific net and twine everyday so ill check it out tommorow.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/244913/377%20710%20755/755/Men's%20Jackets/Primary%20Search/mode%20matchallpartial/0/0?N=377%20710%20755&Ne=755&Ntt=Men's%20Jackets&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&page=CategoryDisplayLevel1&isLTokenURL=true&storeNum=520&subdeptNum=11053&classNum=11053

canadian tire should have some nice wetskins jacket and pants for around 125
nice material too
vic

Ya got that right noggin, I wasted money on that other crap finally did it right,Helly Hansen,see the guys at Trotac in Victoria,its cheaper in the long run.DAN

If i had the mula id be pickin a nice set of HH up but im on a tight budget. I get limited work in between school and have to pay for all fishing and fishing related gear. You guys know what thats like to much $$$. In the future that will be on the list along with new boat,rods,reels ect ect it never ends

Try the new Carhart raingear - I've bought it from Marks. It is similar to the Helly in terms of cost and cut but has neoprene cuffs and does not rip as easily and has additional material on the knees and rear. We've got guys that have been wearing it everyday all summer and they are still going strong.

RBF...I have a set as well and it is great stuff. Most Carhart products are well made with working in mind and the rain gear is no exception.

Well i went to ono and west marine. HH was actually a good price much cheaper than i expected. I was gonna get some and i talked to an employee and they gave me some stuff to spray on my old gear to make it waterproof again and breathable. cost me 20$ ill try it out and see how well it really works and if its a bust get new stuff.

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Cant beat that, thanks. I think im gonna pick up these pants online as i almost always wear the pants fishing even when its sunny. Ill prob pick up just those cheap water proof jackets.I go by pacific net and twine everyday so ill check it out tommorow.

Kelly....I would caution in one thing about the West Marine garb. Note where it says "waterproof" but it is recommended in use for light spray and rain etc.

I have one of their big 3/4 length coats and I would never purchase the stuff again. Sure in light rain or "spray" it is not too bad, but if you get any sort of significant rain.....it ain't waterproof. I wore it out one day in moderate rain on a center console boat and I was definitely wet underneath and it was NOT from sweating.

Just my own review of the gear. I have good sailing gear by HH which is great, but I also have rain gear for fishing etc which I would swear by too.

I use the Wetskins from Costco, Jacket + Pants for 85$, I like wetskins cuz if you spray em once in a while they work like gold + they have the fleece inside, I work on a roof all day rain or shine and I use it for work, 8 hour days and I dont get wet, the newer wetskins have it so the fleece is a little short in the arms so you can velcro it off and not get your forarms wet...

One thing I found is if you're fat like me, a large jacket will fit you but the large pants wont, just get the XL and eat some more pie...

or fish naked <3

Klink

Pippen thanks for the review i read that as well and had second thoughts. I went down there today and looked at them and they didnt look great thats why i didnt get them. They were also 50 bucks more than online. Sounds like you cant go wrong with HH bib pants were only 60bucks and 75 for a jacket. That one bottle waterproofed bibpants, jacket,hat,shoes and a pair of gloves. Ill test it out tommorow and if it works well pick another one up for a few more jackets. Cheap way to fixup that old gear

quote:Ono...behind Costco in Nanaimo...personally I have the $20 wetskins from Crappy Tire
I always get my gear from ONO behind Costco. Same gear but cheaper prices! I always end up getting more than I go there for. Just like Costco.

That spray was a bust.I dont know if it just didnt work with the material or what but it did nothing.It did work on the shoes and hat so im guessing its the material. Ill pick up some HH

I tried a similar spray before.. seemed to work as long as you didn't rub the area after or brush against anything (which is impossible).

What spray did you get and from where? I got a couple cans out of a Tent Store in Edmonton that worked real good, plain label, green can, silicon spray. if all else fails, rub margerine on your jacket...

Klink

...........if all else fails, rub margerine on your jacket...

I think I'll stay away from basting myself like a turkey for the bears! But I have used the silicone and it works well on lots of clothing and shoes.

Back