Prop Guard

Jaws3D

Hello,

I am looking at a prop guard for a 2013 Yamaha HT 9.9. Which is the best for the money, and is there any places in Vancouver or or the Nanaimo - Victoria area that sells them. I am headed to the LMD / Island next week and would like to get one.

Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

I had a buddy that works at a sheet metal shop and had them make me one out of 16guage stainless with a width of 3". I brought it home and adjusted it to fit my application( I made circumference a little bigger for adjustment) and then drilled four holes on the prop guard and then drilled the corresponding holes on cavitation plate. It cost me a case of beer

cannibal

I tried to upload photos but wouldn't go. If u want pics pm your number. I got them on my phone and can text or email from there.

Thank you,

Would the harbour chandler be a good place to go for anchor chain/rope as well. I am looking for a halibut setup. I have purchased a new boat and need a lot of new gear to outfit her.

The prop guard shouldn't be too hard to find - I got one for my 9.9 Honda 4 stroke at Comox Valley marine for about $90 and installed it myself. Just watch the size - I had to return the first one for a larger one. Harbour Chandler should be able to get the specs right.

I had a buddy that works at a sheet metal shop and had them make me one out of 16guage stainless with a width of 3". I brought it home and adjusted it to fit my application( I made circumference a little bigger for adjustment) and then drilled four holes on the prop guard and then drilled the corresponding holes on cavitation plate. It cost me a case of beer

cannibal

I tried to upload photos but wouldn't go. If u want pics pm your number. I got them on my phone and can text or email from there.

If I were to make my own..........in the near future for my kicker I'd opt for 11 ga SS or 3/16 powder coated Alum. for the rigidity factor

Kh

If I were to make my own..........in the near future for my kicker I'd opt for 11 ga SS or 3/16 powder coated Alum. for the rigidity factor

Kh

Go with the stainless Len and don't look back. Cheaper than the other.

I built myself a prop saver out of stainless and it is the cat's azz so far. I didn't pickle it or anything. Looks homemade for sure. I love it!

Go with the stainless Len and don't look back. Cheaper than the other.

I built myself a prop saver out of stainless and it is the cat's azz so far. I didn't pickle it or anything. Looks homemade for sure. I love it!

If I know how U build I bet it is built to last & thicker than .063 or 16 ga, am I write??

actually I was wrong. he jut cut a piece of sheetl metal 22 guage and I wrapped that around the prop on my four stroke kicker. no wonder some guys have been kicked off the site with everyone criticizing on a mistake

CANNIBAL CHRIS

Actually it looked thicker than 16 ga more like 18 ga
but I was just try'n 2b polite:cool::cool:

Kh

The King of Beers is to blame buddy:D. 18 gauge is thinner than 16 gauge (both are too thin for a prop guard). Just sayin'. I would not build a prop guard out of anything less than 1/8" stainless steel. Not worth it IMO. Just me. I like to build things over kill:cool:.

The King of Beers is to blame buddy:D. 18 gauge is thinner than 16 gauge (both are too thin for a prop guard). Just sayin'. I would not build a prop guard out of anything less than 1/8" stainless steel. Not worth it IMO. Just me. I like to build things over kill:cool:.

YUP my bad.............lotsa BUD
I was much better @ the beginning of the game, now I'm just gonna be a kanuckle head till I run out

Thanx John

YUP my bad.............lotsa BUD
I was much better @ the beginning of the game, now I'm just gonna be a kanuckle head till I run out

Thanx John

Switch to Lucky and your problems will be solved my friend. Then you don't have to be a King. You can be like the rest of us. Just sayin.

Switch to Lucky and your problems will be solved my friend. Then you don't have to be a King. You can be like the rest of us. Just sayin.

Speak'n of Lucky, my old Bras & I was thinking of brewing a special brew specific to my youth
Called East Van Lager, its main ingredients is the Lucky blend & Benylin flavor:p:p

Kh

I bought a SSteel guard a number of years ago from Parker in Nanaimo and paid around $85.00

Back