Profisher's adjustable transducer mount.

Sculpin

I have been searching the threads and can't find the photo's of profisher's adjustable transducer mount.
Does anyone remember which thread it was in. Any help would be much appreciated. I have to do something similar very soon.
Thanks,
Sculpin

Why adjustable? Such a hassle to put it in and out of the water! Plus who knows if it can take a log or not, would be scary to have over $1k hanging off an adjustable rod... I know what you are talking about though. Hard to find a CHIRP, and SS transducer for Through-hull on aluminum... Very few options.

This is where I will be putting a through ducer hull on ze boat:

20140213_113605.jpg

Going with a B75H with an isolation bushing, so 1) I will not be drilling a hole in the hull. 2) I don't need to source an SS Through-Hull and I can save a bit of money.

I need an adjustable mount to pull the unit up and out of the way. Launching at Salmon Beach on low tide is interesting to say the least. There is a little sand dredging that goes on with the pod and poling out with engine up is a common occurrence:(.

I just need the general design. I'm going to make it out of something really beefy and I am not worried about shacking it off :).

Rollie, if you see this thread could you point out which thread you posted the pics in or post them again please.

Thanks,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
I need an adjustable mount to pull the unit up and out of the way. Launching at Salmon Beach on low tide is interesting to say the least. There is a little sand dredging that goes on with the pod and poling out with engine up is a common occurrence:(.

I just need the general design. I'm going to make it out of something really beefy and I am not worried about shacking it off :).

Rollie, if you see this thread could you point out which thread you posted the pics in or post them again please.

Thanks,
John
I'm glad I'm not using that ramp anymore...:)

Here are a few

Doing this on my I pad so not sure how it copies

There you go

John just so you know I seldom lower it below the hull...it works perfectly with it just tucked in behind the transom. (When trolling only). Not sure why I don't get any turbulence but I don't. Obviously it gets washed out when you come on plane as it is no longer under water. I turn that sounder off when I'm done fishing. If I need a sounder while running at speed I turn on my Lowrance to the plotter screen and just watch a digital depth readout. That sounder is hooked up to the standard torpedo ducer.

John just so you know I seldom lower it below the hull...it works perfectly with it just tucked in behind the transom. (When trolling only). Not sure why I don't get any turbulence but I don't. Obviously it gets washed out when you come on plane as it is no longer under water. I turn that sounder off when I'm done fishing. If I need a sounder while running at speed I turn on my Lowrance to the plotter screen and just watch a digital depth readout. That sounder is hooked up to the standard torpedo ducer.

Thanks for the info profisher. I plan on having it on the other side of my pod (from your installation) due to the installation instructions from Airmar. Something to do with the rotation of the prop etc. I fully plan on taking advantage of the high speed capability of the unit. I remember seeing your set up and thinking that is the way to go. I'm probably going to do the same thing but with square tubing to keep the transducer always parallel with the hull with no chance of me putting it offside one way or the other.

I guess my biggest concern will be vertical tilt. I can figure that out with some sea trials etc. Once that is nailed down then I can permanently fix the tilt and go from there.

I already ruined a 180 dollar Lowrance transducer at my launch. I don't want anything to happen to my new 1300 dollar unit!

I'll post up a new thread of the build and install :).

Thanks again for the pic's.

Cheers,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
Back