Porlier, Tent or Sansum Narrows?

Oglthorpe

Hey guys,

Just had a baby and I am free and able to get out and do some fishing on Saturday. I know I should be going to the west coast, but I am going to stay close to home.

Just wondering if there are any reports of fish being caught out at Porlier, tent, bold bluffs or separation point?

Thanks

Spent a few hours out around Separation yesterday afternoon.
Nada.
Couple of other boats around but saw nothing caught.

Seperation has been dead. A few at power lines a couple weeks ago but they weren't local fish. Slowed since. Porlier would prob be better pick. Could always get a cod if nothing else.
I'm gonna work the narrows on sunday. i'll report afterwards.

Funny, I don't recall an opening for sockeye yet. I'm sure you must mean someother species runt, 'cause if you were targeting sockeye, that would be illegal:)

Im have to agree with finaddict there is noooo openings for sockeye yet I would be one of the first to know since i run a tackle shop in town!!!!!!!!!!:(

I notice that Mr Runt is an American. Please don't tell me that the American waters around Point Roberts are open for Fraser River sockeyes before Canadian openings occur. Recreational Fraser River sockeye retention should open for fishermen from both countries on the same days. The argument can be made that Alaskans take our fish and we take Columbia River fish etc... and this is just one more example of the inequities in fisheries management on the West Coast. Or maybe he is just misatken about sockeye openings anywhere.

quote:Originally posted by wetbeaver

Im have to agree with finaddict there is noooo openings for sockeye yet I would be one of the first to know since i run a tackle shop in town!!!!!!!!!!:(
what town?

Back