pontoon boat?

was thinking about buying a pontoon boat for drifting the stamp and other vancouver island rivers (gold, cowichan). any advice would be appreciated like best kind, length and difficulty of drifting rivers?

Not sure about outcast, but if it we me i'd be looking south of the border for a Dave Scadden built boat;)

Pass the Pack

As big as you can afford to spend 9-11 feet is a nice length though. With a platform on the front to stand on when anchored to fish off of and back for storage. The bigger the more stable it will be on anchor. I have seen some small ones anchored and would not recomend it too much.

Bucks Bags Boise ID. Have been using their southfork pontoon boats for over 10 yrs. Lightweight, responsive, and most important "nut bar" in case of rocks. Also would not recommend faster water anchor, or standing unless specified for that use.
Southfork is rated for class 3 water.

I had my outcast pontoon boat including smaller tubes and oars for a few years...mint for bigger lakes and smaller lakes. Assemble the pontoon parts, storing the supplies in the pontoon boat's bags and easy to row. I would not recommend drifting the river if the inflatable tubes are smaller. In previous years of my rowing trips, I was caught in a big winds that blew, the waves went over my small tubes that caused my supplies wet.

I have been using a 9' water skeeter for 3 yrs. Quality const. materials. Takes down and puts together easy. Never had a problem with it. A little more expensive than others. But you know the saying: You Get What You Pay For.

Back