plastic for a bunk trailer

Islandgirl

I am looking for some of the plasic beds for my bunk trailer. I am thinking of useing the new plastic lumber top of my 2x6 wood. Does anyone know about this? I am in the courtenay/comox area and will see industrial plastics tomorrow.. I think they may be expensive. I don't want to use the little short 18" pieces sold at the boat stores.

62802394477903127812153.jpg

Let me know how you make out, I have to do something with my bunks as well. I was thinking about the small ones , and using them only on the bow half of the bunks.

I have used plastic for a few weeks and I hate it. It scrapes the paint off the boat. Go for something softer. Plastic is too hard!

They sell plastic skids for bunk trailers at Sherwood Marine. I have used them for several years and they work great.

Long live wild salmon!!!
><))))>

oops wrong post

bug.gif

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Well to answer my own question.. I bought the stuff at industrial plastics 97$. Did the bunks yesterday, boat definately slides on and off easier. I have an aluminum hull, no paint on the bottom so not worried about the paint scratching off. I had carpet on the bunks. Factory install and they were pretty rotted. I replaced the wood with pressure treated and the plactic on top. After I use the boat for a bit..(maybe chum after moose hunting..got a couple draws) I will post and let you know what I think of the stuff. With just the wood I hated it, carpet was a bit better.

62802394477903127812153.jpg

I have the nylon sliders on my Easyloader trailer. I love them. I had just carpet on my previous rig and it was a "DRAG" to winch on and launch compared to the nylon bunks. I also had the carpet wear out and rip. The nylon bunks are a good solution to supporting the boat as opposed to rollers, and the boat does not take off out of control on the ramp when launching. The launch and retrieve process is much smoother even though my new boat is more that double the weight. I think it is just the right amount of friction.

Easpoint

It is multiple sections about 20-24". Mine came on the trailer when I bought it. Easyloader is imprinted on the strips. I will look for a photo or take one on the weekend and post it.

Eastpoint

I've seen those is that what you have ? I've seen other ones that are the full length of the bunk not individual pieces.

I have full bunk length plastics on my trailer. My 20 ft tin boat fits beautifully on then. A breeze to load and offload. Beats carpets all to heck!!! :D

They are referred to as "slick bunks"

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

They were an integral part of the Rogue trailer package... bought in Oregon. I can try to find out the supplier if you are interested from my contacts in oregon. Let me know.

Cheers
Bryan

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Back