Pictures from Hardy/Winter Harbour

SerengetiGuide

Here are some pictures from Hardy and Winter Harbour. Some gorgeous Springs, limited out everyday except for one, 5 out of 6 days! I'll let you guys guess the weights, just for something to talk about, then tell em to ya later!

Jean with a huge Spring the first day...

L1010056.jpg

L1010051.jpg

And her with another monster the next day!!

L1010106.jpg

Gorgeous sunrise!!

L1010015.jpg

Nice Ling!!

L1000991.jpg

Another huge Spring!!

L1000224.jpg

Not to worry, I'm not blowing anything out of proportion Concerned Angler, this is all great fishing!!! :)

David
Serengeti Fishing Charters
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

I'm guessin 25 for the first salmon (probably hardy in the fog, 31 for the second spring on the 50 fathom line, looks like that guy was on his way elsewhere he doesn't look like a marble river fish, those pictures are making me really want to get up to Quatsino two more weeks, I'm guessing the Ling's around 20 maybe a little under. Thanks for the pic's

cool fish... I would guess the first spring is about 30-34 pound.the second spring would be 30-32 pound. Very bright fish. the ling- from 18 to 22 pound.

sounds like I envy those people who fished North Island. Last June afternoon, I visited Port Hardy and went on a next morning ferry heading up North. It seems that Port Hardy/Winter Harbour is a nice place to fish.

How does one limit out 5 out of six days? What is the possession limit in Winter Harbor? :D

Top one is 42lbs (first and second pic is same fish), next Spring is 36lbs, ling is 26lbs, last Spring is 32lbs. Just caught a 51lbs and 40lbs Spring today!! Once pics on comp will post! Plus, got a 55lbs+ fish cut off by these idiots from Idaho (note:not saying the Idaho part is related to the idiot part). I swere the fish had to be over 60lbs as I've never seen a fish take line like that, plus we thought we had bottom at first, then cut off and saw fish swimming on surface with our flasher!!! :( :( Ruined my whole day, if not week!

David
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

Like i said hard to tell from pics. nice fish. SUCKS LOSING that hog. I have only ever hooked a fish near that size and it was off the kelp bed near the lighthouse. Unreal power

NIce fish SG! Real beauties! We're hoping some of those hogs will move thru sooke soon. I did notice that the last 2 salmon pictures are actually the same fish so you might want to check your scale. ;)

My bad yammy, meant to put Jack's fish on the last pic, not Jeans. Anyway, we did also get a 32lbers! Tomorrow or next day will have the 51lbers and 40lbser up here!

David

SerengetiGuide,

I think I saw you hook that fish that was cut off. If it wasn't bottom, that was one heck of a fish. There were two guests on board, and the one not playing the fish had to hold onto the guy playing the fish so he didn't get pulled overboard. The levelwind looked like it couldn't keep up.

Was the boat that cut you off trolling have a guy trolling from a flying bridge, trolling at about mach 2?

It was pretty slow for us that day, released a bunch of smaller springs an there were a shwack of pinks and jacks. We did bonk a 28 though.

It'll get better in the next couple of days, I'm sure of it:)

FishWish

SerengetiGuide,

I think I saw you hook that fish that was cut off. If it wasn't bottom, that was one heck of a fish. There were two guests on board, and the one not playing the fish had to hold onto the guy playing the fish so he didn't get pulled overboard. The levelwind looked like it couldn't keep up.

Was the boat that cut you off trolling have a guy trolling from a flying bridge, trolling at about mach 2?

It was pretty slow for us that day, released a bunch of smaller springs an there were a shwack of pinks and jacks. We did bonk a 28 though.

It'll get better in the next couple of days, I'm sure of it:)

FishWish

Yes sir. That was not bottom. We saw the flasher come up and the tail of the fish swim away about 30 seconds after it cut off!!!! And yes, it was that stupid troller at mach 2!!! It was 100% not bottom, at first I thought it was too until it shook it's head and the started to swim around on bottom, then I saw the flasher come up and swim around. I was pissed. Swore at that stupid boat! Frustrated me to no end! It had to be over 60lbs, I've caught tonnes over 50 and none have done that! O well, that's life I guess. What boat are you in out there??

David

Pretty decent actually. Limited out on hali's, limited out on cod, limited out on pinks (other than Spring amount, so 2 pinks each), and should of limited out on Springs, but clients lost quite a few. So we ended up only getting half our limits. Plus my dad took clients out on west coast and caught 5 springs, 10 coho (area 27 allowed 2 wilds each), 10 hali's, and 3 lingcod!

David

David,

I'm in the Trophy called Fish Wish. I was actually right beside you when that nightmare was happening. Wow, sounds like it was quite the fish. I'm fishing a little south right now out of McNeill, but I'll be back up there starting on Friday. What time have you been leaving the dock lately in the morning? I might stop by and say 'hi' before heading out, or go for a couple of beers after the day. Let me know.

Andrew
FishWish

From friday on to sunday we will be leaving around 530ish from the dock. for sure stop by and say hi. and beers always sound good...never turn one of those down! Let me know when you are back up Hardy way!

David

Back