Parksville, BC - looking for fishing info

Nexform

Will be camping at Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park on Vancouver island the first week of June this year. Looking for nearby charter boat recommendation for (3) people (my two sons (11 and 14 years old) and myself). We’d like to catch salmon, halibut and prawns. Also appreciate any info/tips on shore fishing. Thanks in advance.

Will be lucky to catch a halibut in this area, they are there but usually not targeted. Could go for lingcod though. I’m not sure of charter guys in the area, I think there would be a few out of French Creek. You could try Crabbys Charters, he’s a probably an hour and half north but maybe he could meet you at French creek. You could drive up that way also to check out some more scenery. http://www.crabbyscharters.com/

Western star, code 8, and there is a couple others. Call Pacific Net and Twine in parksville and ask for their recommendations.

As Murph said not much for hali fishing but they have been caught before. Prawns and salmon should be good. Lots of ling at lasquiti and other areas. Rathtrevor isn't to far from Nanaimo. Lots of charter options there as well.

Thanks all for the charter recommendations. Understand about the halibut fishing.
How is the shore fishing nearby? I know the tide swings are big there. Appreciate any info.

Not a shore salmon fishery in June. A number of good charter guys out of French Creek. Call the French Creek Harbour store as they coordinate some of the charter guys there.

Thanks all for the charter recommendations. Understand about the halibut fishing.
How is the shore fishing nearby? I know the tide swings are big there. Appreciate any info.
Most of the shore fishing for salmon in that area is done towards late summer as the pinks and coho move towards their home rivers

There’s a spot guys fish from shore in North Nanaimo. It’s probably a 25 min drive from Rathtrevor. Pm me if you would like directions to the spot.

We operate out of Schooner Cove in Nanoose Bay - 10 minutes away from where you are staying. Nanoose is an ideal location because we are central to heading down to Nanaimo, over to Sangster, or up to French Creek. Often some of the best fishing is straight out front of Schooner Cove - last year was exceptional. Our charter vessel is a 265 Grady White Express, licensed for up to 6 guests. CTAG guide, top quality gear. Ask the guys at PNT - they know us.

We operate out of Schooner until the 2nd week of June, then move over to Port Alberni where we fish Barkley Sound and offshore for the remainder of the season. You won't find halibut on the east coast of the Island (except in rare circumstances). We fish halibut over on the west coast out of Bamfield.

www.lastcastguiding.com

We operate out of Schooner Cove in Nanoose Bay - 10 minutes away from where you are staying. Nanoose is an ideal location because we are central to heading down to Nanaimo, over to Sangster, or up to French Creek. Often some of the best fishing is straight out front of Schooner Cove - last year was exceptional. Our charter vessel is a 265 Grady White Express, licensed for up to 6 guests. CTAG guide, top quality gear. Ask the guys at PNT - they know us.

We operate out of Schooner until the 2nd week of June, then move over to Port Alberni where we fish Barkley Sound and offshore for the remainder of the season. You won't find halibut on the east coast of the Island (except in rare circumstances). We fish halibut over on the west coast out of Bamfield.

www.lastcastguiding.com
This seems like a great option

Back