Outboard Camp returns.

Pipedreamer

Over the years I hear people often talk about buying rebuild,warranted, camp returns. It's time for me to upgrade this year. Looking for input on camp returns:
  • Looking for 115 hp
  • Dealer recommendations,
  • What should I expect to pay$$

Bridgeview marine usually has some.. Not sure what is out there this year as u know very few lodge opened up for the 2020 season..

Port Boat House has a non-current year but new 115hp Yammy for $10400. I bet you'd get it cheaper if you emailed and asked for an end of season deal.
It's not a camp return but a new 2019 with warranty, especially better if you can get a better deal.
https://portboathouse.com/promotions/__trashed-2/

I managed to find an “camp return” that was a spare at a lodge I knew, motor never ended up getting mounted so was a year old with 0.1 hours. Worth asking different dealers and getting in on one early so you can have your pick. They’ve usually got a couple with significantly less hours, either boat it was on wasn’t used much or they swapped a new motor on mid season because wasn’t worth hassle of fixing in some of the remote locations. BV used to sell the camp return 90’s for around 6500 so I would expect a 115 to be priced slightly higher.

With Covid restrictions some of the lodges would have been operating at a reduced rate. The motors would still be leased and perhaps returned with even fewer or next to zero hours. Good time in my opinion to get a camp return. May want to check condition of growth on the lower leg though (from just sitting) :D

Before I got my boat it was re-powered with a 2016 115 merc that was a lodge motor, was put on with 600ish hrs at alpine in Langford was the story, wife is an electrician and her boss’s friend Rod I guess supplies the leased Merc’s to the fishing camps sounds like they are around engines at 750hrs now and runs perfect, with regular maintenance of course.

I'll
Before I got my boat it was re-powered with a 2016 115 merc that was a lodge motor, was put on with 600ish hrs at alpine in Langford was the story, wife is an electrician and her boss’s friend Rod I guess supplies the leased Merc’s to the fishing camps sounds like they are around engines at 750hrs now and runs perfect, with regular maintenance of course.
Thanks I'll check Alpine out.

Acceleration and torque of Etec is mind boggling. If you think you need a 115 four stroke you'll probably get same performance on the water from an Etec 90. I don't see parts or warranty being an issue, BRP is still in business making sleds, ATVs and jet skis and the dealer network remains in place. They and their parts suppliers are still selling parts for 40+ year old OMC units.

How are the trolling capabilities on the Etecs. Do they have the fine tuning trolling throttle capabilities the many of the outher have?

I have a 50 etec tiller and it has the troll control, 50 rpms / bump.

Sorry for the derail,, but I have a 50 E Tec on my walleye boat and I can’t get that thing to idle down past 900 rpm which is to fast for bottom bouncers. It runs the boat at about 1.8 mph which is way to fast. What is this control you speak of and how low can you idle down to.
Thx.

I got a quote from Bill Howch marine about a month ago and it was a really good deal. I didn't go with it and ended up with a yammy, but the 9 year warranty sounded great. Looks like they still have some and end of season/end of Evinrude should definitely bring the price down.
https://www.billhowichrvandmarine.com/default.asp?make=evinrude&page=inventory&pg=1

I called Parker marine about a 200hp. 3 year warranty. It was the same price as the verado 200 that I got a quote from Bridgeview. Decisions, decisions.....

Back