Otters at the marina

CalCom

Hi all
I have heard some marinas have real issues with river otters making messes on boats while in their slips. I’ve seen some online recommendations using ammonia, moth balls and even bottled pee (ugh) to keep the pesky critters off the boat. Aside from the obvious (keeping boat decks and fish boxes clean), anyone have real world experience with this?

I haven’t tried this on a moored boat yet but it has kept the rats away at my place. I place a Urinal Puck in the carport near my boat and Scout 80 and have been amazed how well it’s worked. Cheap and easy, each puck is in a cellophane bag and I poke it with a fork . Not the best smelling but not the worst. I’d be curious to know if it works on Otters. I have seen Otters and Racoons in my yard as I’m on a creek.

I haven’t tried this on a moored boat yet but it has kept the rats away at my place. I place a Urinal Puck in the carport near my boat and Scout 80 and have been amazed how well it’s worked. Cheap and easy, each puck is in a cellophane bag and I poke it with a fork . Not the best smelling but not the worst. I’d be curious to know if it works on Otters. I have seen Otters and Racoons in my yard as I’m on a creek.
Got a specific brand you use?

Otters are getting onto my boat, while moored. Nice big extended transom gives them easy access, and they hop over the transom. Then they proceed to crap all over the deck. Even though the boat has a washdown pump, the stink lingers. Haven't chewed through anything yet, but I've seen them chew another boat seat. I have zero food or bait on the boat to attract them. They seem to just like to have a floating safe palace to camp. Would love to hear suggestions how to keep them off.

I’ve had success with liberal applications of Critter Ridder around my boat and dock at False Creek . They moved on

Back