osoyoos lake sockeye run shutdown!

Yeah it's a shame but the right thing to do. Over 125K fish crossed the Wells Dam (last one before the Okanagan confluence) but only 10-15% will make it up to our side of the border. They're probably still slaying them in Brewster Pool at the mouth of the Okanagan, looks like they've holed up there waiting for cooler water temps but it's unlikely those will come in time. 2 hr drive south of Osoyoos for those that still want the novelty of desert salmon fishing.

Yeah it's a shame but the right thing to do. Over 125K fish crossed the Wells Dam (last one before the Okanagan confluence) but only 10-15% will make it up to our side of the border. They're probably still slaying them in Brewster Pool at the mouth of the Okanagan, looks like they've holed up there waiting for cooler water temps but it's unlikely those will come in time. 2 hr drive south of Osoyoos for those that still want the novelty of desert salmon fishing.

Drove by Brewster pool two weeks ago and stopped for gas. I counted over 100 boats all within 4 square kilometres in 38 degrees, and then just downriver, speedboats, wave runners, tubers, kite boarders. Yes, a unique fishery for sure.

Gets like that on Osoyoos Lake too. If I can't be on the water by 0600 then I won't go, complete gong show by 10 or so.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back