Older but still kicking moose hauler!

Cuba Libre

Need to sell my 1984 electric start, shaft drive, forward/reverse 200cc Honda Big Red ATC. Comes with a aluminum frame atv trailer too.

Poppa needs a generator for the frequent power outages in beautiful Dove Creek this winter-- hence the sale (damn)

Good condition overall, but rear rack is bent. This does not compromise performance.

IMGP2290.jpg

IMGP2292.jpg

Going up for $500 on Craigslist, but will drop $50 for Sportfishing BC

PM if interested
bryan

Darn. Has this been garage stored?. The plastic has no sun fade and looks near new.
If I had a use for this I'd grab it. I have many fond memories on the farm riding this same trike.

yes always stored undercover. It would be perfect for someone with acreage that needs a small tractor for hauling firewood or garden materials. In my time it has hauled elk moose and deer from some of the most challenging places... but always came through the rough. The rack was bent when I tried to carry a hind quarter on the rear rack and a shoulder on the front rack up a stupidly steep hill. I went over backwards and the bike bounced to the bottom of the hill with the meat still tied down! I straighten the handlebars and made a second run at the hill-- I made it this time. The meat, however, did need a little TLC back at camp!

Tough little machines

I am amazed how much interest there is for Big Reds. I have a waiting list of 8 persons wanting to view the trike from Craigslist. One member here too that I will call if the first person from CL doesnt take the machine.

Thanks for the link Dave. I have Old Black Dogs 1982 Big Red to sell as well. But it needs a bunch of work to get it rolling again ands it has been sitting for two years. That guy asking for trikes might be an easy sell.

Where are you located? If your 10 buyers do not take it I might be interested. Can it handle steep hills? Father in law has a split property and he is thinking of getting a golf cart to go up and down his fairly steep gravel driveway. I think something a little more beefy is in order. Are trikes dangerous on hills? I am sure you need to be careful going sideways on a hill but up/down without a load should be ok? How are the brakes? Cool machine

Jockey ... Honda stopped making them because of accidents when people didnt use common sense and ended up killing a few. There is a different technique for riding them. Cross hill riding and excessive speed was the main reason for the accidents. Straight up and down running is no problem. But on a turn, because they have a fixed rear axle, you have to put your weight opposite to what you do on a 2 wheeler. That allows the outside wheel to grip more than the inside wheel so you can turn . As noted above, it is possible to have them flip over backward if you dont get the weight forward. But they will climb almost as good as a quad on bare ground.

Yes-- brakes are good, but I expect it gone this afternoon.

Salvo-- sorry. The trike sold to the first guy that looked at it. I even have another guy on his way over to look at the older trike for parts. Wish i had a bunch to sell!!!

Just sold the older one for $300 not running. Guy is going to canabalize it and make one good one out of two.

Back