Old Spoon ID

casper5280

Crew Member
Didn't want to hi jack Tortuga post but got a bunch of old spoons given me and was wondering if someone could ID them for me. I know that some are Kripple K's and some are Tom Mack's the longer one's have a Eel spoon marking on them. The copper and chrome longer one is a Diamond Lance 5 made by Pal. The fatter one's are Max m Bite 6. And one is a Diamond 5 marked Pat APL 29 1919 Anyone know anything about these spoons They were in bad shape till I polished them up.

Attachments

• DSCF3584.jpg
    DSCF3584.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCF3575.jpg
    DSCF3575.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 251
You got some good ones there. Yes, Kripple K (small guys), long skinny one is Diamond Lance. You have a few Wonder Spoons - larger fat shape. The other one in there looks to be a Tom Mack.

This is what they looked like before I buffed them up. Thats why they were free and going in the garbage.

Attachments

• DSCF3567.jpg
    DSCF3567.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCF3570.jpg
    DSCF3570.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 178
Was wondering what the hammered one is and if they are as old as they look? If they are made locally? Just any general info that's all? Tried looking for them all on the net but couldn't find any info on them.

Went to the new Princess auto store the other day and they had a buffing wheel that fits your drill. 2 wheels and 2 buffing compounds for about $9, thought what the hell I'll give it a try. I think they turned out pretty well for a couple hours work, going to do some old pal flashers tomorrow.

Back