Old Island Hwy Boat

Anyone know what the details are on the boat parked adjacent to the hwy in Black Creek is? Yard was locked up today and weather wasn't conducive to a long stop...

Looks like fish rite but guessing it might be a local build? Prob not a Wolfmade.

Anyone know what the details are on the boat parked adjacent to the hwy in Black Creek is? Yard was locked up today and weather wasn't conducive to a long stop...

Looks like fish rite but guessing it might be a local build? Prob not a Wolfmade.

It could be an Aegir built boat. One of two that have been built so far. The second one is at the Vic boat show right now.

Does it look like the boat on this site?

http://www.aegirboats.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
That links routes me to a mobile site as I'm on my iPad. No pics.

Makes sense given the location. Beautiful boat. Would love to have a closer look and need to find some time to go back.

That's it, anyone have experience with these guys?

A friend has the second boat by by them. Built especially for fishing and it's a beaut. It has a different look to it but after a while you get used to it. I wouldn't hesitate to by one if I was in the market
Dave

there 24'-28' hard top are sweet and i would buy one if i won the lotto .....lol
but one can dream

Any real world experience? Forefoot looks to be "neutral" and wondering g how this design would operate for WestCoast application. Not many stringers in the hull and minimal outside reinforcement. Concave vs. convex, etc.

Currently running a TJ and very happy with it but considering other options as I'd like to start doing more comfortable overnighters. A 28fter is out as trailerability and logistics prevail. The 25 would be a sweet spot.

Any real world experience? Forefoot looks to be "neutral" and wondering g how this design would operate for WestCoast application. Not many stringers in the hull and minimal outside reinforcement. Concave vs. convex, etc.

Currently running a TJ and very happy with it but considering other options as I'd like to start doing more comfortable overnighters. A 28fter is out as trailerability and logistics prevail. The 25 would be a sweet spot.

Real world experience? These boats are studs. Are you looking for something more suited to a commercial application?

To be honest, at this point it is amusing...

Some people think they are too cool for school and if someone's personal opinion doesn't conform with theirs they are a "commie".

Opinions and knowledge change over time as information is gleaned through interaction and enhanced understanding. Same cant be said about asshats.

Here is the link to one that is for sale...I think it was one of their first ones and was used to guide out of. Looks like a tank to me. I think the owner has posted about it on this site before, or maybe a freind of the owner.

http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/boa/3566568870.html

hull looks super but that Bimini top just looks so wrong
who was the person that fitted it as it spoils the lines of the boat
surely the way was to follow the rake of the screen so it looked like an extension rather than a retro fit

Yup, you did, dripping with sarcasm.

But that seems to be the air of alot of posts lately, me included.
Spring can't come quick enough. IMHO
IMHO - I didn't see sarcasm in his post. I think guys here are just a bit on edge from some of the more obviously nasty posts that have flown around the hali issue. We just need to try to interpret posts in the most charitable possible way.

Back