Oil Bath Bearings

adrianna3

I'm not sure if this has been covered here or not but....

Has anyone got the oil bath bearing system on their boat trailers?

Do you like it? Does it work any better than the grease system?

I have a Highliner 4100lb trailer and I can't get more than a year out of my seals and bearings. I know I would have to change to threaded hubs/drums and seals, but it isn't cheap.

quote:more than a year out of my seals and bearings

Sounsd about right from what I've seen, I know they should last longer but most people I talk to have a bearing issue at least once a year.

when I first got my 07 ezloader with oil baths I went thru 2 seals in the first six months....water intrusion....now it seems okay...it has been about 1 1/2 years old .

I've got 3 years on my oil bath bearings. If I get through this year I will change oil etc. Thats pretty good considering all the salt water dunking.

If things are not sealed up properly during assembly then you'll get water inside, I use a good silicone on everything and have never had a problem. Be sure to use brake cleaner or other degreaser prior to applying sealants.

I have two near new oil bearing brake drums you can have for a great price.

I had them go out on my ez loader .They replaced them under warranty.I go down a lot of gravel roads and have had no problem with the new ones.

Have them on my 06 EZ Loader and have traveled from north eastern A.B. to Sooke twice now and many miles around home with no problems what so ever.. Travel many gravel roads around home as well. I have not changed oil yet either do to the fact the oil is still clear in both.. I would not go any other way again...

I too bought an Easy Loader last year, and after almost two years, had the hubs rebuilt with new sleeve kits because they started leaking. I was told this was a common problem, but that the sleeve kits were a good fix. So far, that seems to be true, and the work was done under warranty.....even better! This has been better bearing life than I ever had with grease and Bearing Buddy equipped trailers.

Back