Nootka Sound Info

After having done a lot of searches, I am still in need of some helpfull advise. There is lot of great tips on fishing but not too much on moorage. We will be traveling to Nootka from Bamfield by boat in July and are looking for a place to moore a 26' boat for a week or so (self contained). Our idea is to fish Bajo or other spots in the ocean so we are looking for something as close to the mouth as possible. Anchoring is not an option as we have a fishing dog (Lab) which needs some run time each day. Where are the closest government docks or other places that would work? Also open to any an all advise. Thanks in advance for any help.

yuquot

You can get moorage or dockspace at Yuquot, also known as Friendly cove. I have stayed in the cabins that are also available there. Good location in a secluded cove at the mouth of the sound.

check out http://www.yuquot.ca/

even Critter cove has dockspace, good clam chowder too. crittercove.com

Last edited by a moderator:
get ahold of Tim at Nootka Island Lodge. Probably as close as youre going to get. He has moorage only packages available. Look up online.

Tim has a package of moorage, room and board for $200 per person per day. It's as close to the reef as you will get.

Friendly Cove looks like an option for us. We have sent email to the Native Band for information. Nootka Island Lodge would be a great place to stay but as you said Codfather, they only have package deals and we only need dock space. If there are any other suggestions beside Friendly Cove, we are always open for advise. It appears most of the moorage is located inside the inlet and we are not opposed to staying farther up sound if needed. Thanks again.

Critter Cove would be a wise choice, as your going to need fuel any way. They have a fuel dock on site, its about a 25-30 minute run to Friendly from Critter.

I'll certainly check out those places. Speaking of fuel, my boat is a diesel burner. Where is the closest place to by diesel in Nootka Sound?

Back