No bear spray

• Thread starter Thread starter tortuga
  • Start date Start date
T

tortuga

I was fishing below the Bucket the other day and a large black bear snorted his way down river. After I **** my pants, I backed off into the woods to give him a path, which he took and snorted his way past and down river a ways where he found a dead but clean lookin coho and left the river.
Next time I'll have spray, but what should you do one get's too close for comfort?

Read Gary Sheltons, bear attack books. You will not look at a black bears the same way ever again!! Bear spray does work in the right conditions as I can attest to a charge of a about a four year old bear on the Nit Nat river yesterday with my buddy Island Idiot. keep your head up and wits about you. Cheers Fah Cups

One time fishing the stamp river i was walking down the river bank and walked right past a large black bear. It was at the top of the bank where the river didnt erode and i was at the water. he was about 3' away and 6' above me. I walked right by him and fished about 30' away keeping a eye on him. It was during early fall, there was tons of dead fish around, i never would of done that in the late fall or in the spring. All i had was a knife and my dog (who could smell the bear from pritty far away) i made sure the bear knew i was coming

One time fishing the stamp river i was walking down the river bank and walked right past a large black bear. It was at the top of the bank where the river didnt erode and i was at the water. he was about 3' away and 6' above me. I walked right by him and fished about 30' away keeping a eye on him. It was during early fall, there was tons of dead fish around, i never would of done that in the late fall or in the spring. All i had was a knife and my dog (who could smell the bear from pritty far away) i made sure the bear knew i was coming

I've since been told that banging a couple of rocks together scares them away. If it doesn't, at least you have a couple of rocks to throw at it just in case.

I've since been told that banging a couple of rocks together scares them away. If it doesn't, at least you have a couple of rocks to throw at it just in case.

Back