New arima design--they finally got it right!

The new design is fantastic! I also like the solid color hull and the new ss rub rail. Height is about 73-74", so it is still not for tall people.

Wow--I didn't notice the SS rub rail---good eye! The old rubber ones sucked---screws backed out and rubber rub rail peeled out of the flanged holder---made for some really funky stuff that would build up behind the rubber when it started to pull free--5 year old fish gurry etc

I know Arima is hanging on by its teeth in this economy--nice to see they're getting innovative to try and turn things around

The good news is that Arima has been manufacturing boats at full steam for quite a while - albeit with a significantly reduced crew, and the new Vancouver Island dealer stocked up with a good number of boats of various sizes - including a 19 SR with the new hard top that was featured at the boat show in Vancouver.

Ya, but there are good numbers of pre-owned Arimas on the market that are a real wet-blanket on new-boat sales for companies like Arima. It's tough to belly-up to the bar for $ 60 - 70 K full retail when a quick CL search turns up some smoking deals in the $ 30 - 40 K range

And there are guys like me who expect to get 20 years good service out of my existing Arima -- (unlike tires for my truck, beer for my fridge or a monthly haircut for my head....)

I agree with you sharphooks, but hopefully there will be enough of those who want and can afford new.

I truly hope that Don and his crew will pull thru - not only do they build amazing boats, they also offer excellent old fashioned customer service.

i dont know who would pay 70k for that when you can get some new gradys, or some gradys, sea sports, ospreys, orcas, etc. 1 or 2 years old outfitted for cheaper

If you fished solo like I do, and could back your trailer down to the water so the tires just barely got wet and ease your Arima off the trailer and have your truck parked back in the lot and the boat launched and warmed up and be around the jetty and on your way to your spring hole before most of the the guys with the Gradys and Sea Sports and Ospreys have even begun to back their trailers deep enough into the water to get those steep-chined hulls to budge off the bunks, you'd begin to understand the Arima thing

Oh yeah, and getting it up on step at 2,000 RPM's and sipping fuel because of the aft sponson design, long before the Grady and Sea Sports guys who have to punch 3,000 to 3,500 RPM's get those deep-chined hulls up out of the water and up on step for twice the fuel burn

Of course, I'll take the Grady once the wind starts howling but short of that, the hull design of the Arima is where the rubber meets the road and where the guys that clue into that hull design reach for their wallets...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back