Nawhitti Steelhead

Dinnertime

I'm looking for info to go fish the Nawhitti for steelhead read about in a steelhead book by Barry Thornton,anyone ever fish there?

ayup!!!ive fished there lots...and this would b a good time 2 hit er!!!!although i have nvr fished it since the bait ban....watch 4 cats.if u have a bak roads map book it will take u right there...once u find the flow...most of the pull outs will let u know where the trails r....good luck....and let us know how youve done

shakes;)

the road from the highway 2 the nahwitti cut off is gravel but it is considered a public road,so it does get somewhat taken care of.now the road into the flow can b very ugly.not 2 sure if theres much logging goin on up there right now...but they might b hauling.and theres lots of places 2 camp,all the way down 2 the dynamite run...but if you have a big trailer...i would stay in the pit before the bridge...tight lines

shakes:D

last time i was there..trails were grown in..each trail should give u access 2 atleast 2 pools..but yah..this flow requires lots of walkin..but if u find steel..its all worth it

shakes[8D]

I was in there a couple years ago and it was some of the more intense bushwacking that ive done. Holberg road is usually in pretty rough shape this time of year, especially with the rain/snow recently. There are a couple decent camping spots.

if your on the right side lookin down rvr...your gna touch more water....[8D]

was out there on thursday, water was in great shape but no fish. Pounded pretty much the whole river top to bottom, talked to a couple guys that also had a slow day. Lots of fresh big kitty tracks in the snow including a mother with 2 little ones, keep your eyes open.

Back