Navionics web app now Garmin

Couldn't agree more. Just went on to do some planning this morning and was disappointed to see the Garmin rebrand with a much degraded product. Does anyone know of any other desktop planning app that could replace the navionics/garmin site?

I bought a laptop with mapping. Will check what it is. Needed it for my mercury software and thought the mapping would be a good bonus

Turn off automatic app updates on your device and hope they don’t force a version upgrade for a while.
Too late for me, they want an annual subscription now even though I paid for the App years ago for my iPad, just BS as I don’t need their stupid updates for local waters. It’s just the wave of the future where you don’t own an app any longer just continuous annual subscriptions and endless cash stream for them.

Too late for me, they want an annual subscription now even though I paid for the App years ago for my iPad, just BS as I don’t need their stupid updates for local waters. It’s just the wave of the future where you don’t own an app any longer just continuous annual subscriptions and endless cash stream for them.
Yep, and people will keep paying as long as there aren’t any competing products.

Yep, and people will keep paying as long as there aren’t any competing products.
Plenty of competing options, people keep paying because Navionics has the best product. Take your pick:

I think the annual subscription is a great value for something that makes up a fraction of 1% of my annual fishing and boating budget. Glad I bought three years in advance before the price went up the last time.

The new Garmin web app is a hot steam pile of crap though. It always had less functionality than the app, but it was useful for perusing on a big screen and navigating quickly with a mouse.

Plenty of competing options, people keep paying because Navionics has the best product. Take your pick:

I think the annual subscription is a great value for something that makes up a fraction of 1% of my annual fishing and boating budget. Glad I bought three years in advance before the price went up the last time.

The new Garmin web app is a hot steam pile of crap though. It always had less functionality than the app, but it was useful for perusing on a big screen and navigating quickly with a mouse.
Thanks for posting that. Looks like some good ones in there and that C-Map with the free account may do routing and auto routing which would be awesome.

Frustrating and stupid what has happened to the Navionics Chart Viewer - never liked Garmin! :mad:

I looked at the ones listed in the link above. Most are very basic unless you pay.

DeepZoom is chart viewer/route planner that is free with lots of other info (tides, current, weather, etc.) and it does route planning and measures distances (which is key for my needs).

One big limitation though is that it uses US NOAA maps (like many of these apps do) so the Canadian bathymetric coverage is limited on the west coast to offshore waters and none existent in the inside of Vancouver Island and there is tide, current info for US waters, and some Canadian locations.

Check it out here: https://www.deepzoom.com/

Last edited:
Frustrating and stupid what has happened to the Navionics Chart Viewer - never liked Garmin! :mad:

I looked at the ones listed in the link above. Most are very basic unless you pay.

DeepZoom is chart viewer/route planner that is free with lots of other info (tides, current, weather, etc.) and it does route planning and measures distances (which is key for my needs).

One big limitation though is that it uses US NOAA maps (like many of these apps do) so the Canadian bathymetric coverage is limited on the west coast to offshore waters and none existent in the inside of Vancouver Island and there is tide, current info for US waters, and some Canadian locations.

Check it out here: https://www.deepzoom.com/

You can still use it. Select other brand. Only thing its doesn't have it routing. That's gone.

C Map also has another viewer as well.

I foolishly keep trying to use the Navionics web app with the hope that each time I do they have reverted back to the old style. Each time I am disappointed and write them a letter telling them that I miss the old features. I also tell them that if the mess with my phone app I will cancel my subscription.

Back