Mr heater 9000 BTU

sorry to derail but did you use this in your boat? i have one but never thought of bringing it in the boat with me. i have a healthy fear of using gas appliances in confined places thanks to my former employment , but my canvas top is probably drafty enough.

sorry to derail but did you use this in your boat? i have one but never thought of bringing it in the boat with me. i have a healthy fear of using gas appliances in confined places thanks to my former employment , but my canvas top is probably drafty enough.

Yes I used it in the boat. In the cabin with the back door open and on the back deck.

I would not use it in the cuddy or in a enclosed space.

I've used the smaller version for a couple of years and it's awesome!! Nice to throw it on while you get the boat ready and by the time your under way the whole boat is toasty. Mine has a tilt shut off valve as well.

It turns out that you can operate these indoors and it turns out you can, safely.
They have a built in low O2 sensor. Combine that with the CO sensor your boat's cabin has and you should be safe. *Should be*
I use one often but am paranoid (YOLO) and always have so many windows/doors open that we lose 1/2 the heat hahahaha.
Half the heat is better than none of the heat.

I use on of these in my canvas top jet with the back door open. Works well and takes the edge off. Also helps defog the windows.

Back