Mounting Bennett Tabs

• Thread starter Thread starter Tanglefoot
  • Start date Start date
T

Tanglefoot

I'm gonna get the M80's for my 18.5 Malibu and put them on myself. Nanaimo Harbour Marine has them for $570. That a reasonable price? Store owner need not reply!

What am I getting myself in for re installation? Seems like it should be straight forward?
Anyone familiar with the Bennett tabs..how difficult is it to connect them to the N blah-blah web so I can monitor their up/down position on my Lowrance GPS/Finder?

Thanks, Tom

That's a good price. SG Power in Victoria had M80's for around $600 several months ago and couldn't find them much cheaper anywhere other than on-line. I purchased mine through an on-line US marine dealer for $436 US funds + $65 US for UPS shipping charges. Installation is not that difficult, took me approx 3-4 hours, I would be happy to provide you with some photos and suggestions. My local boat dealer wanted $400 to install them.

They come with basic bow up/down switches and they also sell trim tab indicator switches. I am not sure if there's a way to display tab position on a GPS/sounder (don't think so). I find I don't need the indicator switches.

Easy installation. Just take your time and think things through before you drill holes. You'll love them, makes a big difference in the handling of your boat.

Back