Members/Private Salmon fishing lodge

NoTyee4me

I am hopeful you guys can help me here. a few years back I stumbled on a web site talking about a private Members only lodge up on the central coast. Does anyone have any idea what I am talking about? I have looked and looked and cant find that again. Thanks for your help.

I am hopeful you guys can help me here. a few years back I stumbled on a web site talking about a private Members only lodge up on the central coast. Does anyone have any idea what I am talking about? I have looked and looked and cant find that again. Thanks for your help.
First rule of private members only lodge? Don't talk about private members only lodge.

Sorry that's no help obviously.

First rule of private members only lodge? Don't talk about private members only lodge.

Sorry that's no help obviously.
LOLOLO.. No.. It was actually a thing.. I can remember something about it originally being set up back in the 80's? with tents.. It had a web site and the whole 9 yards!! LOL Loved the answer though.

LOLOLO.. No.. It was actually a thing.. I can remember something about it originally being set up back in the 80's? with tents.. It had a web site and the whole 9 yards!! LOL Loved the answer though.
A website in the 80's? They still had tent's back then, But I don't think websites were invented yet.

The only private lodges I know about are owned by extremely wealthy business owners. They are only used for sending their business clients and personal/family use. I know of 1 in BC and 1 in Alaska.

There’s the old Goose Bay cannery as well. Not sure if that group is still active there or not.

Spent a few nights at Goose Bay along with our mother ship June 2019. Moorage at the docks was excellent.The facility itself is historic and the wood burning stove in the lobby was perfect to dry off our gear and socialize.Joe's Lodge stored their fleet in the storage area which is huge. Two groups of Burnaby firefighters showed up and were very accommodating.

Attachments

• BB804983-63A5-4BD0-8AE9-C487266D1379.jpeg
    BB804983-63A5-4BD0-8AE9-C487266D1379.jpeg
    508.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 7E22EF88-3E35-4D1A-8605-E3328052A76A.jpeg
    7E22EF88-3E35-4D1A-8605-E3328052A76A.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 17662E9D-C674-44BC-90DD-C669791B2CE4.jpeg
    17662E9D-C674-44BC-90DD-C669791B2CE4.jpeg
    514.2 KB · Views: 115
I had the pleasure of fishing at Hakai Land and Sea in 2016. It is a very unique place and the setting is absolutely spectacular! While the accommodations have been upgraded in the past few years (the tents are long gone!), the old cook shack and eating area remain, with an amazing history preserved, with a written record of all the trips over the years, on the walls and ceiling. The service was first rate and I found it to be more relaxed than some other lodge experiences, with the staff being more interactive, from the docks, to the meal service and the nightly bonfire on the beach. The scenery in and around Hakai is truly special and there is something so unique about cut-plugging Herring, so close to the rocks you can almost touch them with the end of your rod, that makes this style of fishing so hands on and one my favourite ways to fish. While the fishing was a bit scratchy overall, we did mange to hook our share while enjoying the varied fishing locations and natural beauty of the area, including a memorable Humpback show! Here are a few photos from the trip...it is hard to encapsulate this special place with a few pics.

HLS8.jpg

Boardwalk to the docks.

HLS9.jpg

Recorded trip records in the cook shack and fishing lounge.

HLS.jpg

HLS3.jpg

The nightly bonfire.

HLS1.jpg

The fishing and the scenery.

HLS10.jpg

HLS2.jpg

HLS11.jpg

A couple of pages from the old photo albums in the lounge.

HSL5.jpg

HLS4.jpg

Last edited:
I was a member of Hakai up until Last year. It's an amazing place and really well run.
Dm me if you have any questions.

Jeff

Back