Lowrance manual Autopilot

Capt_Ed

Crew Member
So my new to me boat came with newly installed Lowrance electronics including a manual autopilot as the main engine is manual steering . It has a 1 button control on the dash to control it but also a remote which I can't seem to get to work. Anyone have one that can give me real world advice

Last edited:
Do you have a Blue Tooth puck on your boat? it is needed to make the remote work. It will look similar to your GPS white puck.

Do you have a Blue Tooth puck on your boat? it is needed to make the remote work. It will look similar to your GPS white puck.
I have the puck

So it should show up on your Lowrance screen on the left hand side if hooked up correctly. Feel free to connect with me for a FaceTime and we can hopefully help you.

The red button is emergency off, and maybe on. You likely have a full $1500 autopilot and remote $500 plus installation, that boat is looking like a better deal every day.

Ok the round red button should be a disengage only. The remote mimics the on-screen controls. If you engage heading hold, you should be able to steer l/r 1 or 10 degrees if you hold the button longer. It is not remote steering, first you need to set a heading, then correct it. If nothing is working, check the batteries in the remote, then check the lowrance settings.

So it should show up on your Lowrance screen on the left hand side if hooked up correctly. Feel free to connect with me for a FaceTime and we can hopefully help you.

The red button is emergency off, and maybe on. You likely have a full $1500 autopilot and remote $500 plus installation, that boat is looking like a better deal every day.
It actually shows up across the top of the screen, it is the full autopilot with remote and your correct this boat seems to get to be a better deal every day. As far as FaceTime, I appreciate the offer but I can't figure out this remote ,there no hope for FaceTime and I don't have an I phone

That’s great, so good for solo fishing. I caught a nice spring solo off my 25 footer, despite not having the remote, but extensively using the autopilot.
It is a nice to have at best. As long as you can reach the Screen, the heading hold is awesome!

Do the lights on the remote flash when you press a button? Should be red and green lights. Check the batteries first before anything else.

Do the lights on the remote flash when you press a button? Should be red and green lights. Check the batteries first before anything else.
Yes the battery seems fine. I feel that there is a setting in the head unit that needs to be turned on to pair the two together. I just can't find it in the manual.

I would start with confirming your AP is working without the remote.
If you hit the red button it should engage heading hold, hit button again and it will release.
You mentioned you see the autopilot banner across the top of the screen- on my unit the banner is on the side when AP is not in use, and switch to the top when engaged.
If you confirm everything is working without the remote, I would then check the device list on the NMEA 2000 network. YouTube has many videos that walk you through how to get to this screen. Off the top of my head, go to main pages screen where you select your chart or sonar, ect. Top button settings, I can’t remember if there is another sub menu before device list. If the device is shown you could try removing device. I would also unplug it from your NMEA network and try to re install. I don’t have the remote personally but that is what I would do for a diagnosis. A phone call to Tim at Harbour Chandler or to Lowrance Canada may lead you some results. Both Tim and lowrance reps will be able to walk you through over the phone.

Same as above. Yeah that switch should turn on off heading hold. And like was said your display is usually hidden off to left side when your map is on. I just swipe to right on display and brings the autopliot page up.

If your banner is on top swipe down.

So everyday I get a little closer to making this pilot function. I have full functuon from the HDS12 screen , found a Bluetooth screen to turn on the WR10 and it says its connected but but can't seem to make the buttons on the remote do any functions. I guess I'm going to have to break down and call Harbour Chandler.

So everyday I get a little closer to making this pilot function. I have full functuon from the HDS12 screen , found a Bluetooth screen to turn on the WR10 and it says its connected but but can't seem to make the buttons on the remote do any functions. I guess I'm going to have to break down and call Harbour Chandler.
Maybe the remote needs to be paired with the unit. I can almost guarantee there's a Youtube video showing you how.

Back