Lowrance LMS-527CDF volume level

• Thread starter Thread starter SIR
  • Start date Start date
S

SIR

Is there anybody else out there with a Lowrance 527C unit that finds the alarm volume level very low. With my outboard running I can barely hear the shallow water alarm while sitting next to the unit. Trying to figure out if my unit has a speaker problem or if the unit is just weak on the sound side of the fence by design....

My last two sounders I could here the alarm from the back of the boat right next to the outboard no problems.... it's not like my outboard is that loud...

Have you turn the volume up to the highest level? We have other Lowrance models and the alarms are quite loud when they're turned up.

To set Volume:
1. Press MENU|MENU, select SOUNDS and press ENT.
2. Highlight VOLUME and use © ¨ to move the Volume control bar. The
left end of the scale is low volume. The right end of the scale is high volume.

Hey Ian, how do you like this model, I am considering upgrading to one. Striper Sniper

Give me a few weeks of working with it and I'll give you a report. So far I LOVE the GPSMAP side of the unit but I'm still tweaking the sonar. Having some problems getting it to read at depth/speed, likely due to runners on the bottom of my welded aluminum hull. Need to find a day without guests so I can do the jumping in/out of the water to tweak it between runs thing :-(

Back