lowrance lcx 112c question

fish brain

Crew Member
I was out the other day, when I turned on my gps at the dock it knew where I was. that was the last time it worked. all day long the position triangle just blinked a question mark at the dock location. the sounder worked fine. Today I fired it up in my driveway with the sounder disconnected. Same thing, it still thought I was at the dock. I decided to check the power supplies while I did this I wiggled the fuse....... the screen flashed and went blank. Now when I turn it on the home page will come on briefly only if I have disconnected the unit from the cables, then go blank.
Is it pooched?

Could be the antenna
I have same unit ive replace antenna once and have a spare just in case...does everything else work?
the question mark and such is from the last time where the unit was on.
check connections to make sure its all ok , get back to me i can grab that spare and we can try to see if its that .

good luck wolf

Could be the antenna
I have same unit ive replace antenna once and have a spare just in case...does everything else work?
the question mark and such is from the last time where the unit was on.
check connections to make sure its all ok , get back to me i can grab that spare and we can try to see if its that .

good luck wolf
Thanks Wolf,
It was sort of operating. the sounder side worked fine, but the gps side was stuck back at the dock. My biggest problem is now is when I power up the unit the home screen flashes for about a second, then everything goes black. This happened after I wiggled the fuse with the unit turned on

If I'm not mistaken I think that unit has 2 fuses and they can be troublesome. You can get corrosion inside the fuse holders that causes too much resistance in the system to power up the GPS puck and the head unit. If it's the barrel fuse type you can disassemble and clean the contacts and make sure the fuse is also clean. Use your volt meter to make sure the fuse is good. Check the ground as that is another place that corrosion can cause problems.

Back