Lowrance HDS Side Scan - anyone run the latest version?

searun

Looking at upgrading my LCX 112 to new HDS and adding in the side scan option. Wanting to know if anyone has recent experience with the newer units (understand there was an upgrade done recently to side scan)? Hoping for some info on how well side scan works in 200 feet of water.

Thanks in advance for help.

Still testing it out. Will let you know shortly hopefully. From what I have seen so far it could be a handy tool especially with bait balls. Time will tell.

Thanks, just picked mine up today. Took the plunge. Also got an AIS unit so I can see where the big boys are - radar is OK but I like knowing the exact speed and course heading. Going to upgrade to the new HD radar too. I have a 48 mile unit which is good - actually great, but after talking to Mike at Harbour Chandler today the new HD unit has improved detail/resolution and doesn't have the radiation either. Radiation part was the big sell - I already glow in the dark, don't need any more.

I'll be asking for a few tips on how to run the unit once we get it installed. Its like Christmas all over.

Back