Lowrance HDS Gen 3 Issue

Windbreaker

I've been having problems with screen stability on my chartplotter lately. The side menus for the plotter repeatedly go blank. I also have a side menu (left) for my autopilot system that won't stay hidden. Does anyone have any idea of what the problem/solution might be? Cheers!

What voltage are you getting at the unit? My HDS did all sorts of gremlin things that were resolved when I found a voltage drop from battery to head unit. Cleaned up some wires (archaic buss bar) and fine ever since.

What voltage are you getting at the unit? My HDS did all sorts of gremlin things that were resolved when I found a voltage drop from battery to head unit. Cleaned up some wires (archaic buss bar) and fine ever since.
Yeah common issue with all chartplotters, my buddy had this on his Garmin and I fried a line once for my Lowrance. Also check for firmware update and failing that there is a large Lowrance Facebook group. I have the same network in Victoria with a Hds 3 and Carbon if you ever need to test out if it’s your setup or the unit.

Yeah common issue with all chartplotters, my buddy had this on his Garmin and I fried a line once for my Lowrance. Also check for firmware update and failing that there is a large Lowrance Facebook group. I have the same network in Victoria with a Hds 3 and Carbon if you ever need to test out if it’s your setup or the unit.
What’s the FB group name ? Don’t want to derail OP thread with my own issues thx

Back