Lowrance: Elite ti2 or Hook Reveal 7 (5)

Baxter

I am struggling with this one.

Do I go with the Elite Ti2? Or the Hook 7? (or possibly even the Hook 5)

First Elite vs Hook. I think the main difference is the touch screen. Are they not both capable of basically the same thing? If so, the price difference of $50 may be worth it for the touch screen? Thoughts?

OR do I just go cheaper and go with the Hook 5. Will I regret not going with the bigger screen?

The difference is $310 between the Hook 5 and Ti2...

Anyone running the Hook 5? Are you happy enough with this? Would you pay the extra $250/$300 to upgrade the size or to the ti2?...

Can't seem to find anything out there used or I would consider going that route.

I have the elite 5 on my 14ft lund and it works just fine. Talk to the electronics lady at harbour Chandler in nanaimo, she knows her stuff.

Last edited:
I have the elite 5 on my 14ft clubs and it works just fine. Talk to the electronics lady at harbour Chandler in nanaimo, she knows her stuff.
Ya, this is the way I am leaning. It is not overly fancy, but will do the job. The ti2 sounds pretty cool with some neat features, but it is a lot more $ also and I am feeling cheap!

I called Harbour Chandler and they patched me through to Electronics, but nobody picked up. Plus their store is closed for customers (order pickup at door only right now).

We have had the Hook 7 for a few years and are quite happy with it. It's almost always on split screen so the bigger screen is needed. It's fairly basic but good value and it gets the jobs done. A touch screen can be frustrating with the boat bouncing around. When you budget keep in mind that you'll need a nav. chip, too.

I have the hook5 with nav. It was a huge upgrade from my black and white screen hummingbird. Works great and couldn’t beat the price.

I would go with the 7 if budget allows. The 5 is a little small.

Make sure you buy from Harbour Chandler. They will set it up with a better transducer. The one out of the box is crap. Didn’t work in 200’ plus of water.

if doing it cheap get the hook 5 and then pick up a used elite 7 use the 5 for sonar and then the 7 for chart ...
if you dont have the space then just find a used 9" hds gen-2 or up and get a p66...

I have an elite Ti5 - the one thing that may make the difference is that the elite can wifi its screen to phones and tablets (more then one at a time even). I was able to keep mine from my last boat and I have mine installed at the back next to my downrigger as my 2nd MFD. My Silver Streak came with a 7 inch Raymarine Element. My Elite 5 sends its display to a 10inch tablet that sits next to my Element. I will say when hunting for fish and strucuture I am using my older elite more then my new raymarine element.

Since it can wifi to a screen I have a 10inch display off the tablet and also get the 5inch display as my rear display when fishing off the back. I if cost is not a big difference the elite series I found was the best balance of price and proformance. I have the side scan and downvision and the software updated to allow FISH REVIEAL which highlights fish in a different colour. My new Raymarine Element donesn't even come close...

Back