Lowrance Broadband Sounder and Bamfield

• Thread starter Thread starter PW_Homer
  • Start date Start date
P

PW_Homer

I am getting my electronics upgraded today :D I Will be getting installed a Lowrance LCX 37C http://www.lowrance.com/en/Products/Marine/Large-Screen-SonarGPS-Chartplotter-Combos/LCX-37C/ along with the Lowrance Broadband Sounder 1 http://www.lowrance.com/en/Products...Ethernetworking/Lowrance-Broadband-Sounder-1/ and an Airmar thru hull transducer. Will also have my Lowrance LMS 52C5 DF moved and networked so I will use the 525 for GPS only. Any one try the broadband sounder yet?

Heading to Bamfield on Monday. Will launch from Port and run to Bamfield. Will be there for at least 3 days. What does Port charge for the launch and to leave the truck/trailer there per day. How long of a run is it? I will be running a Trophy 2002WA(21') with 175HP. Also best place to stay at Bamfield. Have fished the inlet as well as Bamfield so know about the winds.

Will report back on the Broadband Sounder and will try to save some screen captures when back from Bamfield

Pic of boat - http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k448/pwilts/

There's free parking up the street from the marina on the right just past the fuel station. It should take you about an hour+ to run down to Bamfield depending on what time of day it is. After about 11:00-12:00 the wind usually blows down the inlet and it chops up so that will slow you down some. Watch for logs and deadheads in the inlet. Not as bad as it used to be but still some floating around. Look forward to your post about the Broadband. I've got a LCX 37C and would be interested in whether the Broadband Sounder improves the resolution and performance as much as advertised. Good luck.

Slabby

Hey PW, I've got the same set up as you. Haven't hooked up the broadband yet. Would love to hear and see what you think/get. Thanks.

Sharp hooks and full traps!

It takes me 75 minutes from Port to Bamfield at 32 MPH on a calm, early morning. Recently you need to be travelling up the Canal no later than 8:00 AM, my experience, not the usual weather / wind patterns. I love to stay at Mckay Bay Lodge....best food I've had anywhere...$135.00 gives you moorage for your boat, breakfast, packed lunch, and a 5 course gourmet dinner

as slabby said watch for dadheads......almost creamed one or two coming back up by China Creek, I intended to launch at Port by 8:30 but as we got off the ferry my rear brakes on the truck packed it in. we lost 3 hrs. getting the brakes done. I ended up going down the inlet at midday..... it was brutal,head wind all the way down, at one point I was going 5 knots and still getting beat. the wind chop grew bigger and bigger as I went. I pulled up to a couple of deadheads and they looked like they were at least 50 feet long.one of these would certainly put a damper on things.as for parking, go over across from the Petro Can station in the field, its free. the trip took 2.4 hrs midday in the head wind and 1 hr coming back out at 9:00 am.

I hit a log probabaly 50' long sideways rolling with the waves past ten mile pt.had no time too stop kicked her into neutral went right over it kicked the yamy up but no damage had a friend drive beside me and checked the hull no damage thank god it would of been a short trip we hadn't even dipped a rod yet.SO be careful out there'EYES PEELED'cheers m.t.[:p]

Homer, thats a great sonar screenshot. Anyone care to give their critique of what we're looking at in it, for those of us uninitiated into the modern technological world. Are all the thin arches fish? Or just the denser masses and arches? thanks

I have a Raymarine DSM300, and if I was looking at that on mine, I would say 3-4 nice baitballs, and a lot of salmon working on reducing them.

peeon_work_goinfishin-1.jpg

Back