looking for the best price of a Scotty trap puller in BC

Olde School

Hello, everyone.

I have sold my old puller so now have the funds for a new one, and have my sights on the new Scotty.
Who has the best price on a Scotty puller in BC? I am in Nanaimo so closer is better.
They appear to be between $440 and 490. Would love to pay $400ish.

Thanks.

Smiley

i have never seen them less then 449 here on the island, was going to buy one then decided to buy the brutus Ace line hauler.

114.jpgI paid 550, at harbchan, the guys in there are great, always helpful but so far i have 11 prawns caught, been sidelined working out of province and havin a blown outboard, found one up island going to get it this evening then hopefully i can give another go on the prawning. Ace line haulers are built right here in Nanaimo , great product ask anyone on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
haha funny jay .yah i no know ace line pullers are great . i have an endurance puller for sale and i am going to by brutus 40 as soon as i sell mine thanks for the info.......don

actually they were 100 a prawn bud , i went whole hog bought traps and buoys and all sorts of prawning stuff, my girlfriend had a good laugh.

Hey gang - you don't ever want to amortize the cost of fishing etc over the size (ie poundage) of the catch. My theory is that a bad day on the water (or the golf course) is always better than a good day in the office. Actually catching something is a bonus!! Interestingly enough, now that I'm retired and the office thing no longer applies - I still love being out on the water and actually catching something is still a bonus.

Hey gang - you don't ever want to amortize the cost of fishing etc over the size (ie poundage) of the catch. My theory is that a bad day on the water (or the golf course) is always better than a good day in the office. Actually catching something is a bonus!! Interestingly enough, now that I'm retired and the office thing no longer applies - I still love being out on the water and actually catching something is still a bonus.
For me fishing is to get away from all the $hit in life and is absolutely priceless. No madder how many fish I catch or don't catch.

You got it, Casper. I've just returned from 5 weeks at Alder Bay. Fishing was spotty at best. But I was able to spend a lot of time on the water with my best friend...

Attachments

• IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 377
You got it, Casper. I've just returned from 5 weeks at Alder Bay. Fishing was spotty at best. But I was able to spend a lot of time on the water with my best friend...
Ya they are always happy to see you and never a mean word. You couldn't ask for anybody better to hang with.

Attachments

• Iphone pictures 652.jpg
    Iphone pictures 652.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 330
That's awesome, i took me awhile to learn but it is not about taking home a boatload of fish for the least amount of money, Spending time on the water with your dog or friend or girlfriend, doesn't matter the cost because you can't put a price on happy, it costs what it costs. id do it LL OVER again in a heart beat, happiness doesn't come to those who have everything.. it comes to those who make the best of everything. Great pictures guys.. those dogs both look like they are in their happy place.:cool:

Hello, everyone.

I have sold my old puller so now have the funds for a new one, and have my sights on the new Scotty.
Who has the best price on a Scotty puller in BC? I am in Nanaimo so closer is better.

Thanks.

Smiley

Hello, everyone.

Thanks.

Smiley

the only places i have seen them in Nanaimo is at Harb chan and Gone fishin, they must be a decent puller cause i have never seen a used one for sale.

I love Scotty products, but I was told not to buy the scotty puller cause they don't function well. We got one (built in Nanaimo) dont remember the name, but its awesome.

I don't own a Scotty puller but I do know someone that works for Scotty (not well enough to get a deal). I was told that there have been over 2000 Scotty pullers sold this year with virtually no issues, returns, warranty issues...etc.

I wouldn't pay to much attention to the rumour that the Scotty puller doesn't work unless you heard it from someone that actually used it and had an issue. Scotty makes a damn good downrigger and I think that makes the puller worth a second look.

My cousin has a scotty puller and pulled 4 traps up several times per week over a 3 month period. Not a single issue and he likes it better then his Brutus. His only complaint is that the pulley doesn't swivel at all, he says its not that big a deal on a calm day but can be annoying in a strong current or windy day. Giving the solid performance of scotty down riggers and how nicely they back there products i am sure you can't go wrong with one.

A friend of mine has a scotty puller and he really likes it.
I have never used it though so only second hand info.

I would buy it from Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo. They will most likely have the best price, and their service and knowledge is second to none.

Back