Looking for a few wild spots to spincast

John Ingram

Hi Gang,
I have fished Salmon from shore in Victoria, Sooke and Sidney for many years. My usual fishing year is May-Aug. Now that the reg's
have been so drastically changed I'm only fishing from shore in Aug. I'm considering options and looking for a few good spots that
I can travel to up island or maybe even on the mainland. I'm looking for spots that have deep water from the shore, easier access for travel.
Not to far from civilization. Looking to take a week or two and just travel and spin-cast the shore. Any good spots that can be recommended ?

I'm sure that the wildlife, cougars,bears and wolf's will prevent me from fishing a few of the wilder spots

Race pt in Campbell River has produced lots of fish. It's gotta be 35 years since I was last there, so I could all be houses now for all I know.

I've heard off Neck Pt. in Nanaimo can produce some salmon from the shore... no experience myself though.

I know you're mostly asking about spots that are similar to your haunts down in Vic (Ten mile, golf course, etc.), but if you're also interested in the estuary/beach fishing thing, there are a ton of spots Nanaimo to Hardy that are great to fish over the summer, starting with pinks in July up north. If I had a week or two to fish around the island, I'd get lost up north of Campbell fishing estuaries and beaches.

Race pt in Campbell River has produced lots of fish. It's gotta be 35 years since I was last there, so I could all be houses now for all I know.
Sadly true. Saw a guy that jigged Herring, hooked them with no weight & catch a 4 Chinook limit.

On Quadra Island west side drive the Walcan road to it's end; got Lings but no Salmon.
Litehouse at Ucluelet might offer opportunity; never fished it. There is also a trail to Wya point north of Ucluelet.

Back