Little Qualicum FLY FISHING ONLY

QB fisher

Just a note to the fisher people who will be on the river Oct 1. It's FLY FISHING ONLY Sept 1- Nov 30, For those that don't know, that means a FLY ROD ,FLY LINE . AND A FLY. sure hope CO's are on the river.

I was at the river today and it looks like the river is empty no fish left:(

A little arogant sounding post ther QB....on another topic, here's the regs direct from the DFO website. On another topic....last thing we need on our rivers is to be fighting over tackle...please, its time we all got along.

Here's the regs:

Qualicum River Chinook Aug 1 - Oct 15 4 per day, none over 62cm. Wild or hatchery marked FN0742
Oct 16 - Nov 30 4 per day, only 2 over 62cm. Wild or hatchery marked FN0742
Coho Until further notice No fishing for salmon. FN0742
Chum Oct 01 -
Nov 30 1 per day. FN0742
from the hatchery counting fence downstream to the Qualicum First Nation Reserve boundary. All Oct 01 - Nov 30, 2009 finfish closure from dusk till dawn (1 hour after sunset and 1 hour before sunrise)
FN0732
From the Reserve boundary below the Big Qualicum hatchery downstream to the Hwy 19A bridge All Nov 01 - Dec 31 No fishing for salmon.
Downstream of the E&N railway Bridge All Dec 01 - Jun 15 No fishing for Salmon.

Those would be the dfo regs for the BIG QUALICUM riv. the reg I was referring to are for the LITTLE QUALICUM RIV they are from the FRESHWATER fishing regs.fly fishing only Sept 1 Nov 30

Oh what used to be on this once great stream. The Little Q is near and dear to my heart but, sadly, she is a mere shadow of once she once was. I grew up fishing her in the 1970's, would rarely see another sole fishing. The 80's were incredible for Steelhead, now.... [xx(]

I stand corrected on the River, but I stick by my comments regarding getting along and not waiving tackle preference around. We need to get along and spend less time waving around tackle issues and more time making sure there is something to fish for.

Back