Lighter duty mooching real

Travo

I'm notorious for buying stuff including fishing gear because it costs the most money , therefore im looking for some opinions on some mooching reels I'm in the market for 2 mooching reels to keep on my boat for freshwater fishing ... I want to keep my gear light duty but still able to land fish up to 20 lbs if I hit that trophy ...:-// I was looking into the shimano from bass pro shop. It's on this link.
http://www.basspro.com/Fishing-Fishing-Reels-Center-Pin-Mooching-Reels/_/N-1z0uxb4/Ns-p.price|1
But me being me I went to the store and looked at some expensive mooching reels , now I'm not sure what to buy are these shimano mooching reels sufficient ?

If you mean the 2000GT Yes it's more than sufficient.

Many people prefer graphite instead of overpriced clunky metal whiz bang boxes with tiny handles & huge price tags.

shimano_reel.jpg

spacer.gif

Perfect the 2000 are out of stock but the 4000gt has the same tag , ate theses light duty enough for large rainbows ?

Perfect the 2000 are out of stock but the 4000gt has the same tag , ate theses light duty enough for large rainbows ?

A bit heavy for your average big Interior lake Rainbow. That is why I use large arbor fly reels or medium duty level wind reels for trolling the big lakes.

Lots of people still use mooching reels though. It's a lot of reel for the price. I use an MR3 and the 4000 GT in the salt mostly.

Back