LF: Cold Smoker attachment for Bradley

Go.Fish

If anyone has one of these they don’t use anymore and wanna sell lemme know, thanks!

I’m in North Van

honestly you can do it yourself.. i used 3 sections of 4" aluminum duct , a 4" "T". piece of bell wire if you have a electronic control.. can't put my hands on photos..
smoke unit into the T, T vertical with one leg straight down ,ash ropes into water 2 sections into smoker from T.. 1 section verticle from smoke vent on to of smoker , hooked a bungy down the inside of duct hooking onto the vent and top of the duct edge , gives a bit more draft..

the wiring I picked up a couple of matching coaxil plugs and made an extention for the digital connector .. 2 hrs tops , to gather and put together , less than 40 bucks

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice doonhammer. I took a trip to Rona and 45mins and $16 later I have it sorted. Went with 3” aluminum flex pipe, a paint can, stainless wire and a few cotter pins. Can’t see in the photo but took the lid for the paint can and suspended over the side hole about 75% covered. Some smoke escapes from the top vent out of a small gap and some smoke comes out the side hole past the lid. Didn’t need to add a longer cord.
Next batch i’ll figure out a way to better secure the paint can to the smoker box and pipe. Right now its just secured with wire and then propped the can up with a couple tools
Ghetto but works

Cheers

Where do the burnt pucks go?
Normally the used pucks get pushed into a pan of water but that can over the heat element doesn't look that big.

Does the smoke travel down into the unit?

The ash falls in the paint can, made me look. Yes the smoke travels up the tube and down onto the racks. It creeps out the small gap where it connects to the vent on top, but also out the side port hole. I peeked when it was in full smoke mode and the unit was full of smoke top to bottom

The ash falls in the paint can, made me look. Yes the smoke travels up the tube and down onto the racks. It creeps out the small gap where it connects to the vent on top, but also out the side port hole. I peeked when it was in full smoke mode and the unit was full of smoke top to bottom
give it a try with the duct horizontal into the lower opening for the smoke generator , you can add ducting to ensure that the smoke and draft is cool ..

Why not come into the side of the Bradley instead of the top?

This was the easiest design that came to mind with the fewest pieces, and cheapest ducting. The thought behind smoking through the top is for the most part of smoking I have the flesh side up. Smoke coming down made more sense. Also I like to conserve energy in quirky ways. The temperature for this batch was to be low (120-140f), if the oven element comes on it takes a reading from the probe near the middle. If all the heat that escapes is coming out the top the heater is likely to come on more frequently.
Last nights batch was candied, it’s tastes and looks awesome. Can’t even tell the smoke came from the top :)
Tonight’s batch is strictly cold smoking without the heater. As of right now the unit is completely full of smoke and coming out the bottom AND top instead of just the top

FYI I was willing to pay much more than $16 for the real thing. Just so happens the diy route ended up saving more money for tackle and fuel.

https://i.imgur.com/upov5ck.jpg[/img]']
https://i.imgur.com/m8fiwNS.jpg[/img]']

From last night...

My buddy , changed up his system , he added duct , but now he genearates smoke using a old cheap kettle bbq , one load of sawdust lasts 14hrs or more and temp is about 75-80..we are doing the bacon and hams for xmas ,plus haddock and cod plus chedder etc..later on we will do some mackerel and herring (kipper)

Back