Lets talk About Tent Island fishing

Mucker

Have had some pretty hot days for winter springs at this time of year at tent . Any reports out there . Prawning out of bounds for another week or so but has anyone targeted springs lately?

Well I have been twice now. I am fishing between the cliffs and North reef and a little around the southern tip. I have fished with bigger apexes and smaller spoons around 90-150'. I've tried bottom bouncing. I've mixed up the trolling speeds. I have had zero hits.
So I assume I am doing something wrong.
I have seen good sized bait balls on the sounder and am seeing a lot of gulls feeding on the surface as well. So I think the springs are there, I just think it's me.
Have also tried crabbing along the southern tip in 120'-140' and haven't seen anything. My better spot is near Crofton.

try oki gold/oki silver flasher with an anchovie or hootchie at 90-120' on the rigger in 110-165~' of water

I was hoping to try for winter springs next weekend at tent and drop the prawn traps also but from what i hear they have closed prawning untill march.I wonder if they will still open commercial prawning in the spring.

Yes. I talked to the DFO guy on the phone and they're planning a typical 60 days for the commercials in May and June.

quote:Originally posted by drhook

Yes. I talked to the DFO guy on the phone and they're planning a typical 60 days for the commercials in May and June.
Some how that does not suprise me.:(

Well lets face it. The commercials are in DFO's face all the time. They lobby and push for their right to fish because its part of their livlyhood. WE on the other hand are scattered and unorganized and say "Hit me on the head again Mr. DFO man, I like it!"

Back