langford lake

Haven't been in a month and was not sure what to expect. Arrived about 7:30 to significant action on the surface with a hatch in full progress. There were shucks everywhere and small flys with white wings. I scooped a few and found some still in their cases. The chronimid? was about 1/2" long with silver looking rings and a very dark body, almost black. There were tons of fish rising and jumping but I think almost everything was small, around 12".

I tried catching with surface lures but only hooked up a couple and they were small and went back. By 9 most of the action was over and I continued to try several lures and even got out the fly rod. Hooked a couple 14's with wooly buggers around 10am but very few bites.

Was ready to go home around 11 but thought I would try going back to my go too set up and that was it. 16 and 17.5" in quick successtion. Even a few more takes on the way in.

Not sure myself about the new aerator but I think several other guys are hooked. Two boats were never more than 100ft away from it doing circles. Not sure they were catching or just expecting.

The 2 fish I kept had very full stomachs with the black chronimids I mentioned before. I had about 30 or so but the other was crammed with what looked like easily 100. Not sure why he bit on my lure other than it is irresistable.

Good luck if you head out tommorow. Pink was the color that worked best but biggest fish was on a mostly black lure.

Biaka

I went to Langord lake today, and had a great time, I was only out for about 1.5hrs, but still managed 3 nice trout. There was probably 10 float tubes, and 15 other boats out, it was the busiest I have ever seen it, and I have been fishing langford for 3 years.

The last week has been bad for me. Anyone else? I just fish off the dock with power bait with about 4-6 foot leader. Was catching about 3-4 everyday I went out. I hav had nothing at all this week. I usually use Lemonlime.. Tried that and many others and had no luck..

try a small red hook with two peices of orange underneath it, the hook must be exposed, the PB should be on your leader line, soak all of that in anchovy stink. this is the only technique that I have used at Langford, when shore fishing, I have never been skunked off the shore.

kunni

ok I will try Orange... I havn't tried that colour yet.. It just came to a stop the last week or so on the lemon lime.. Also have bubble gum and Chartruse and none of that was working either... Time to go to store and try Orange... Thanks.

I was at langford today trying again for chronomids, and unfortunately got skunked for the third consecutive time :(. I was planning to go to glen lake but could not find a spot to launch the boat. Not even a hit! I trolled around, looki for chronomid husks on the surface, and I saw a couple, so I anchor in 22ish ft of water and put down the lines, after about an 1 1/2 I switched spots to 33ish ft of water with still no success. I will be out again on monday ( I have a long weekend!:D). Most likely elk lake.

kunni

will you be trolling
kunni

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, your in that newly customized 14fter.

kunni

I actually wont be able to get out to elk. I will see if I can actually get out at all tommorow.

kunni

Back