Langford Lake...

TelStar26

Im heading out to troll Langford lake tomorrow late morning/early afternoon. Has anybody had any luck lately? Any suggestions?
Thanks

try a gibbs 66 gang troll with 3 foot leader to hook,when setting line,pull 75 pulls from reel to first eye on rod.No weight.Should nail lots of fish.Troll wide circles around the airator.

I read Langford Lake was stocked a few days ago. Has anyone been out since the stock,and if so any success. Just asking because I plan on going Saturday but don't really want to share the lake with 30 other boats.thanks.

Yes, Langford Lake was just stocked. Was out last Sunday and caught a few catchables (12 inches )on worm and gangtroll. Tried fishing with a black leech with a worm on the leech trolled 40 pulls behind the boat with one split shoot about 5 feet up from the hook and caught about a 2 pound cutthrout. I only stopped by the lake to give 2 buddies a coffee and they asked me to go out for just an hour.... so that fish was caught on a borrowed rod and gear....lol. then I got them to drop me off again.... fastest fshing I've ever done.(P.S.... I let the cuttie go) Steve.

thanks fishinfool,hope the boys bought you a beer for the lesson.lol

No Problem Gyper,
Do you live near Langford lake? I don't live to far from there myself. I will be heading up to Cowichan Lake in about 2 weeks for some good cutthroat fishing. What lakes have you tried fishing in around here? I have fished most of them over the years. Let me know which lakes are your favorite. Steve.

Hi MrsTrailer,
I see that your new around here. Your name sure does sound familiar....lol. As for eating the fish around the airator, I don't see a problem. Personally I will only eat the trout when it is winter or spring because I find that if you eat the trout that you catch in the summer they seem to taste weedy. hope this helps.... Steve.

I fished this afternoon, caught and released a 12" cuttroat. The weather became chilly, and cold. It got nearly dark. I was on the way back to the shore...caught a catchable rainbow trout and released it. I was using hardware.

I fished this afternoon, caught and released a 12" cuttroat. The weather became chilly, and cold. It got nearly dark. I was on the way back to the shore...caught a catchable rainbow trout and released it. I was using hardware.

Back