langford lake bass fishing

Sea Ranger

Just wondering if anyone has been bass fishing lately at langford lake as it has been awhile since I have been out. Are they holding up in deep water and what would be best to bring on the bite as I have only fished for them in the summer. I was out fishing on sunday for trout and had one bite trolling but there were a few guys anchored and watched a few being caught. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I am also interested in this, i have shore fished that lake alot, and had some sucsess from both docks, but never fished it from a boat, i have never targeted bass, but would love to learn how to!

-Steve

The guys anchored. They were catching bass or trout?
This time of year, you may find the bigger fish getting a little more active. But your best bet is deeper side of drop offs, fishing slow and on bottom. Kind of like for trout really.

It is getting close to that time of the year I guess. Cant wait for the bass to start moving in a bit more. I would think that this time of the year might still be a bit slow for bass but a slow plastic worm might get some hits. Like Eric said, the deeper end of drop offs would most likely be the best bet!!

I fish bass in langford every year. durin the cold fronts that we keep recieving the bass will tend to be dosile and not realy into moving far for food. I tend to use mostly soft plastics all year round especially when they arnt moving much in deeper water. the most common plastics i use are green pumpkin, watermellon, and black and black with red fleck tubes and worms from YUM. Mostly I rig them up carolina style or texas. for the slow periods carolina rigging for me tends to be the main producer. When the summer time comes around I will begin to bring out the spinner baits during the day as well as plastics and topwater for the early morning and dusk.

To answer your question about the guys ancored in langford they were most likely fishin chronamids for trout.

If you have any questions about that lake for bass or trout ill do my best to answer. ive fished it for about 8 years and ive done my homework on it. thanks

"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work"

Back