lake fishing

• Thread starter Thread starter mason.jar
  • Start date Start date
M

mason.jar

I ventured out today for some fun and to try my hand at lake fishing. It was a beautiful day, but I must say that I am uncertain if lake fishing is for me or not. No fish, just lot's of clean lures. Mason

[www.savebcsalmon.ca]

Its been a strange spring so far fishing wise. I went out last monday and got 8-9 to the boat, 2 of which were over 20". One week later went back and got skunked. Any given day my friend.

I agree - started fishing Langford Lake last two weeks - just bizarre as far as I'm concerned - last week had like 8-10 hits, nothing aggressive, nothing sticking...drove me nuts. This week, same, 3 or 4 light bites. Just when I was ready to back it in, got 2 quick ones - on and running around 13"...let them go even as my daughter pleaded not to...lol

The temperature is getting there - I think couple more weeks and it should be real hot.

I fished Elk yesterday. 10 or so smacks, only 2 to hand. One very small, one about 16 inches.

No fish rising anywhere, and I fished around the whole lake. There were chironomids hatching near the rowing club, that's the only place I saw feed and where I picked up my first fish.

Most of the action for me happened just after 1:00pm. I found the morning was slow going although I talked to one other guy who said he had hit four that morning.

Another week or 2 and it should be on fire as it warms up a little.

Langford has been great for the stockers.... cant keep them off (if you're fishing around the small island)

Has anyone seen the turtles between Beaver and Elk?... Looked like a bunch of bike helmets sitting on a log :D Are they native to the lake? (these weren't red eared ones)

Kemp lake is also on fire,Hard to keep em off,Lots of fish to be caught,Of course all were released.:D

quote:Originally posted by Lipripper

Langford has been great for the stockers.... cant keep them off (if you're fishing around the small island)

Yeah true - if you want the stockers, they'll take anything - lots of flash, and shallow. Got kind of tired of them last year so stick to the deeps now.

Hit Langford yesterday. Got 7 to the boat, but I was trying everything I had. Best set up was dragging a dewy on a full sink flyrod.

Spider Lake was good to me last weekend - one 20 inch rainbow. But my fishin' buddy got skunked - so it cost him a loonie - nice rainbow plus a loonie - next thing you know = he'll owe me a beer!

Great fishing but the water is really down - 8 feet or more.

Long rod, tight line

Back