lake fishing results lately?

OSJ

haven't been out for a few weeks, thinking about heading out today and tomorrow. hows Langford been? prospect? elk and glen?
taking the son out and would like to find some bass.

Best bass fishing on the island is in shawnigan lake. I don't fish it much anymore so I can't give a current report. Average size is much bigger then the other lakes and numbers are strong.

I only have a 10 foot zodiac with a electric motor, is it worth it to head up to shawnigan? where is a good spot to load the boat?

I am working tomorrow off on sunday, I might try get out to a lake then, I have heard it has been decent. I have been tying like crazy getting ready for some winter chironomids.

Kunni

Lakes that ive fished are super slow right now. Fished langford 3 times for a total 4 fish in 17 hours fishing. and fished quamichan today for 5 hours for 1 rainbow.

Bass should be hot early morning and late evening in prospect and you might find the trout co-opperate better there aswell.

I love to wacky worm the bass in prospect they seem very willing. Even some of the 12-14" bass put up a good fight.

-KK

It's worth taking your little boat to shawnigan. Use either boat launch and find the rocky points and other structure. There are some good bays straight across from the government dock. If your out all day make your way to the south end lots of islands etc. to fish around.

I haven't trout fished since early early Spring. Going to give it a whirl tomorrow. Elk lake.

Like to hear how it goes I am thinking prospect or langford tomorrow I will try and get some pictures

Kunni

Langford last night, about 4 hours, several little bass and a couple larger in the shallow corner towards tressel.
Lots of trout around the air but not biting, drifted towards the island or the gap was more successsful. Full sink, microleech with a new touch. Thanks, Mike. Nothing bigger than 16", all C&R except one for dinner.
Biaka

Did Elk today for a few hours. Water temp very warm, 69 degrees. When I saw that my expectations for trout were low.

My brother and I brought 8 to hand, no giants, all about 14 inches. One was a Cutthroat.

Type 6 line with a number 8 black marabou leech was the winning combo. Type 3 did almost nothing.

Back