labour day lake

• Thread starter Thread starter shake a paw
  • Start date Start date
S

shake a paw

does anyone know if this lake has fish???if so what kind???

spinnin pinnin and grinnin
shakes:D

If its the same one im thinking about my old man was up there a couple years ago... Difficult to get into including bridge building skills an asset. The fish were small but aplenty. He said they would hit anything.... sticks, smoke buts, whatever hit the water.
All I know is that they were trout.
Ill ask him tonight for more details

Went up there last summer and all we saw were small cuts. No rainbow but they might be in there. Bridges are built so all you have to do is hike around the lake to a few spots to fish from shore. It's a big lake so if in a canoe or belly boat be careful - that wind can come up in seconds. Much safer to fish from shore - any spinner, small flatfish, worms and bobber will do. They are so hungry they will bite on anything you throw them. I think power bait dough balls would work the best.

Have fun.

Long rod, tight line

thanx 4 the info!!!!im gna head out in a week or 2 and do the trout tour with the boys!!!!im gettin cabin fever...had my knee rebiult a few weeks ago...chomping at the bit..i need 2 get a line wet...

shakes[8D]

Have fun and let us know how you did on this same thread. I am going up there in two weeks. Have already tried Spider (good luck and lots of fun) and Cameron (skunked). Next on my list this weekend is Loon. Then Labour Day and then the big trip - Main Lake on Quadra Island for a camping weekend with the guys. Should be fun.

Long rod, tight line

was up there yesterday afternoon still snow up there and the lake is mostley frozen still id say acouple weeks and it will be good saw afew sets of cat tracks up there also so be carefull [^]

I haven't been in there for a coons age but it holds alot of average sized cut throat trout. Good fishing from shore. A few good camping sites that you have to pack your gear into. A HUGE blueberry patch on the left side of the lake (i.e. good bear hunting in September).

We used to hike to the end of the lake and then follow the surveyors ribbons into Knight lake or more commonly known as Indian Lake and that was some of the best trout fishing I every had in my youth (3-4 lbs common). I heard they punched a road from the Nanaimo Lakes side and logged the crap out of it around Indian Lake and it is over fished now[B)].

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Back