kufa prawn traps???

bcbassfishing

Just wondering if any of you guys have tried the Kufa traps? Looks like a pretty economical set up on Amazon and reviews seem good but I'm sure you guys will have some other thoughts. Yes I know everyone loves the Bauers already lol.

I run the collapsable prawn traps as my boat is too small for 8 prawn traps..they work, I bought them on army navy sales and off craigslist.. I rinse them off every time, they are still all rusting, visibly worse after an overnight soak., the netting and rope seems to shrink and after 5 years are getting harder to open up, could be the rebar I have tie wrapped inside, if I use fish as bait, seals (I'm guessing) tend to rip them open, they are incredibly light and need weight....all that said I've brought home thousands of prawns with them over the years but if I didn't need collapsible traps I'd invest in something better..

The ones I'm looking at are the non collapsible round traps. Under a couple hundo for 2 traps 400ft of sinking rope and bouys... Figuring that adding weight will be required but thats easy enough. I don't live on the coast so trying to keep the cost down for the couple times a year they'd hit the water.

The ones I'm looking at are the non collapsible round traps. Under a couple hundo for 2 traps 400ft of sinking rope and bouys... Figuring that adding weight will be required but thats easy enough. I don't live on the coast so trying to keep the cost down for the couple times a year they'd hit the water.
I have the same version but from Army and Navy. Probably the same thing. I zap strapped chain to the bottom ring to weight it down and they still stack on top of eachother.

Back