Koho fish cleaning tray? Any good?

Anyone use those fish cleaning trays that hang over the gunnel?
I used one a few weeks ago and it worked better than I expected. Great to clean fish while boat was on plane between spots.
Recomend you make sure your knife handle is too big to slip out the holes before using. I was watching the knife fall through and thought it was gone but thankfully it was a hair bigger than hole.

Love mine, been using for about 3 years now. Works awesome. Just on big fish need to use a bungy to keep it level. Done up to 30lb fish in the tray.

I used one a few weeks ago and it worked better than I expected. Great to clean fish while boat was on plane between spots.
Recomend you make sure your knife handle is too big to slip out the holes before using. I was watching the knife fall through and thought it was gone but thankfully it was a hair bigger than hole.
You cleaned a salmon over the side of the boat when it was on plane? That’s impressive

Anyone use those fish cleaning trays that hang over the gunnel?
These ?

I haven't used one, but it looks like you could only gut a fish in that, and suspending it from the gunnel with those strings and clips looks sketchy.

I'd look for the flat type you could fillet on that you plug solidly into a rod holder, or even DR mount. And now I think of it, I think that's my next project!

These ?

I haven't used one, but it looks like you could only gut a fish in that, and suspending it from the gunnel with those strings and clips looks sketchy.

I'd look for the flat type you could fillet on that you plug solidly into a rod holder, or even DR mount. And now I think of it, I think that's my next project!
Here’s one we made recently. Takes up some room tho - need a place to store it

Attachments

• 85E5E1C2-1AAA-45F3-ADCC-15A13893E684.jpeg
    85E5E1C2-1AAA-45F3-ADCC-15A13893E684.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 746076C4-A214-4239-9D8A-F7A4261529D9.jpeg
    746076C4-A214-4239-9D8A-F7A4261529D9.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 44
It’d be solely for gutting fish when out on the water for a night or 2 without access to a dock. I’ve gutted fish before on the deck (DE 185) with a chunk of rubber but don’t like all the blood, etc going into the bilge. For the last year and counting, I’ve tried to figure out a location for a table that’d allow it to be out of the way when the motor is trimmed up. It’d be for cleaning fish and also large enough for a Coleman stove. So far I just have a chunk of plywood that is cut to fit over the motor well and it works fine. The table also needs to allow for the sloped back canvas to be on. Nautimarine makes some cool tables but the larger ones All require a couple posts to mount. Gives me something to tinker with.

Back