Kicker Connection to 90hp Mercury

Marley

Hi All

I have a new to me kicker and an ez steer tie bar. I would like to connect to my main and there appears to be an attachment point on the front of the engine.
IMG_1082.jpeg

Does anyone know the bolt size and thread for these holes? I was going to pick up a piece of stainless angle and fab a bracket to connect here.
IMG_1080.jpegIMG_1081.jpeg

Thanks

pics of my custom job, easy to do, I just asked Sherwood and they gave me the right size bolt , 3/8 I think it was, the kicker one I just made with 1/4 aluminum, had a very similar setup on my hondas

Attachments

• IMG_0639.png
    IMG_0639.png
    1 MB · Views: 55
If using a straight connector bar, you’ll want the bar connections as close to parallel as possible. Notice how my old kicker connection sits further back than the main? Poor design and it restricted my steering.

Attachments

• IMG_5684.jpeg
    IMG_5684.jpeg
    290.1 KB · Views: 46
If using a straight connector bar, you’ll want the bar connections as close to parallel as possible. Notice how my old kicker connection sits further back than the main? Poor design and it restricted my steering.
Just cut out a piece of aluminum to extend to make straight, yes if it’s in a bad angle it does not work that good

Luckily my motors are close to parallel.

Hi All

I have a new to me kicker and an ez steer tie bar. I would like to connect to my main and there appears to be an attachment point on the front of the engine.
View attachment 106923

Does anyone know the bolt size and thread for these holes? I was going to pick up a piece of stainless angle and fab a bracket to connect here.
View attachment 106924View attachment 106925

Thanks
You need to start with cleaning up those threads and then get a thread gauge in there to see what they are. Then a bottoming tap to really clean them up before putting bolts in there. Unless someone here knows for sure, then you can maybe start with the tap but you haven't listed model, year.

Edit: sorry I see in the title 90HP.

You need to start with cleaning up those threads and then get a thread gauge in there to see what they are. Then a bottoming tap to really clean them up before putting bolts in there. Unless someone here knows for sure, then you can maybe start with the tap but you haven't listed model, year.

Edit: sorry I see in the title 90HP.
It’s a 2023. I was thinking it would be metric?

I stopped in at Haruna on Clark and they helped me order a bracket. There are two types one is quite expensive which I assume is rated for tying twins together. The other one I ordered is meant for lower hp motors but looks like it fits the same holes. Since it is only turning a 6hp kicker it shouldn’t be an issue. Will update once installed.

Back