January Steelhead

delrio6699

I am a retiree looking to spend a few weeks in Parksville area in January. Would like to do some steelhead fishing with a chance of being successful. Would really enjoy to hear your recommendations without having to pinpoint your hotspots. I do have the necessary baitcasting rods and reels at hand as well as an 8wt. fly-rod. I could use some input as to terminal tackle for the baitcasting rod. Also, if you have knowledge of a guide that works the Parksville area, that might be helpful as well.
I live in the Shuswap region of this fabulous province, and have fished this area extensively. Would be willing to trade some hotspot info for this area if you are willing to do the same. PM me if you are so inclined. Many thanks, Dave

Hey Dude. Forget about Parksville area for steelhead. Try the Stamp river for some action. Give the Murphys a call. If you want to fish the Vedder. Shoot me a PM.

Thanks Dennis.t Guess i'll make a few day trips from Parksville to the Stamp, and will keep the Murphys name close by for guidance. Should I get to the Vedder, will surely give you a PM.

Check in again closer to the date... There's a few options on the island but weather and a recent fisjing report should be the main factors in your decision.

Back