island lakes

• Thread starter Thread starter boatman38
  • Start date Start date
B

boatman38

Things are finally starting to warm up.Was out the last couple days on saltspring island and the chronnies were hatching.I did ok with an olive chronny and bloodworm.caught 3 cutties and 1 cutbow and lost about6 or 8 others.I was surprised to have any action since it was a full moon.

Fished St.Mary's yesterday for a short while.
Caught a rainbow about 4 lbs. Sprawner. Very colored.
Lost another and had a few hits. Trolling leeches.
Very small chronomids were hatching.

Tips

Anyone been out to Cusheon? I'm heading out there for a romantic getaway with my wife next week, thinking of bringing the fly rod [}:)]

I don't know if cusheon is too good,but weston,stowel and st.marry are good.I have never bothered to fish cusheon as I was told it isn't very good

Havent been there for a couple years but.....it used to be good;), some nice trout in there.... and those cabins have free boat rentals

tried cusheon yesterday and didn't even get a sniff.the chronnies were hatching big time,yet I didn't see a single fish dimple the surface.I tried chronnies,a bloodworm,woolybugger and stickleback.I then went to blackburn lake just up the road and caught a couple cutties in a half hour.I am currious as to what size of fish are in cusheon lake and what time of year did you fish it?

Back