Interstate Battery- Where to buy?

Ringo

Crew Member
Edmonds Battery doesn’t carry them anymore. Not interested in any other brands including Kirkland. If I don’t want to drive to their distribution centre in Langley, where can I buy a pair of deep cycle 24Ms? I’m in Port Moody.

They have a deal with some maintenance shops in Vancouver. Their website indicates which ones you can order thru. Put in your postal code in the search field and it’ll give you lots of options to buy from locally without having to have to drive to Langley.

Costco Bellingham sells Interstate as their house brand. At least they did last year. Still a deal even with exchange. I wouldn't be surprised if Kirkland up here is Interstate. Maybe a cheaper version.

Costco Bellingham sells Interstate as their house brand. At least they did last year. Still a deal even with exchange. I wouldn't be surprised if Kirkland up here is Interstate. Maybe a cheaper version.
Might be, as the Canadian Tire AGM's are well known East Penn brand with Motomaster Nautilus graphics.

What you want to look for is the actual maker of the battery. I believe that Interstate used to be a Johnson Controls battery (mid grade/pretty good), but is now made by Exide (not as great). So your fond memories of the 10+ years on your old Interstate may no longer hold true.

You are in Port Moody - just go over to B&J Auto in PoCo - the staff is great and they either have the battery you want, can order the battery you want, or convince you to get something they have in stock. Anyway, ask for Drew, he is a boat guy. Their prices are usually pretty competitive and the staff is always helpful. They merged with West-Can a few years ago, but most of the old staff stayed around, and are really great - I've been buying from them since I was a teenager.

Alternatively, head over to Poco Marine - their prices are generally some of the best for all things boat related, but I did notice their batteries can be expensive. They typically only carry higher grade marine batteries like Rolls, etc, which are significantly more expensive than run-of-the-mill deep cycle / marine batteries stocked at Costco & Canadian Tire.

PS: get a 'cash account'. It just means that your name is in their system, and you get basic account pricing. I've had mine for about 20 years and it makes a difference.

Last edited:
Back